Invicta FC Signs Deal With UFC Fight Pass

Well cage warriors just recently signed a big tv deal with channel 4 in the UK, but if your just taking about USA then it would be a good idea.

He's definitely talking about USA TV deals. There are a ton of international MMA promoters out there who could use Fight Pass as a way to get a foot in the door in the USA. How cool would it be to see Jungle Fight, Cage Warriors, and RoadFC events on Fight Pass?

Yeah, that's a bit of a downside for me too.

tbh now that I think more about it ...
isn't UFC Fight Pass a monthly subscription that costs 10$/month and I can cancel at the end of the month?

If I remember well the last Invicta FC iPPV was 10$, so I can subscribe, watch Invicta (and the rest of the recorded events if I want) and then cancel the subscription.

Does UFC FP autorenews or e.g. I subscribe for 1 month and then I've to renew it manually?

EDIT: sure it burns my ass that those money don't go directly to IFC

Last edited:
I'm not happy to see Invicta mixed with Zuffa but hell...i can't really complain.

Cant say its a good move by Invicta unless i see the prior and post Fight Pass subscriber numbers after their first event.

Its also troubling that they took the UFC's sex appeal PR approach by overplaying Waterson while barely mentioning Cyborg who is the most talented fighter in all of WMMA.

This does present some potential issues with FOX now that the UFC is in broadcasting content. Unlike prior, where Fight Pass would only broadcast live content that FOX rejected.

why? it won't be worse than doing 0 events in 6 months

The previous model was a PPV Digital Stream. This one now is coupled with a subscription. Prior, they were able to tie in views directly to their revenue. Now its muddled with another service of digital distribution.

This is clearly a last ditched effort to find a distributor of their product.

Sponsors are going to be tough for fighters and Invicta to find now that they are under UFC's umbrella. Expecting these fighter uniforms weve heard about to make a presence.

why? it won't be worse than doing 0 events in 6 months

As i said, i can't complain (better than failed) but i can't be happy. I really dislike Zuffa's idea of MMA and i would have like to see Invicta as an alternative and not a sub-product.

I never even thought of this as a possibility. It definitely opens up a lot of doors for not only what the UFC can offer subscribers, but for other small promotions as well.

As for Zuffa buying Invicta, I hope it doesn't happen. Invicta is a great farm league for the UFC's divisions and also has the many of the best fighters in the other divisions. But if Invicta eventually goes under I see the UFC opening up the rest of the women's divisions. Again I hope none of this happens because a) Invicta has a great thing going and b) UFC needs to pump the brakes with their "expansion" imo.

isn't UFC Fight Pass a monthly subscription that costs 10$/month and I can cancel at the end of the month?

If I remember well the last Invicta FC iPPV was 10$, so I can subscribe, watch Invicta (and the rest of the recorded events if I want) and then cancel the subscription.

Does UFC FP autorenews or e.g. I subscribe for 1 month and then I've to renew it manually?

It says auto-renewal on the ufc.tv site.

The price itself is not that bad and actually it doesn't bother me that much to give money to the UFC :)wink:) but I'd just prefer to do one-off buys instead of a subscription where I have to remember to cancel in time.

As i said, i can't complain (better than failed) but i can't be happy. I really dislike Zuffa's idea of MMA and i would have like to see Invicta as an alternative and not a sub-product.

Don't like Zuffa's idea of MMA? What are you talking about? They are the only company that is out there promoting the sport and trying to legalize it everywhere. No other company is doing that. They spend tons of money trying to promote the sport to new levels while any other organization is just out to capitalize and make money off it. Enough with that shit. They actually care about the sport and want to grow it while no other organization can say that.

The previous model was a PPV Digital Stream. This one now is coupled with a subscription. Prior, they were able to tie in views directly to their revenue. Now its muddled with another service of digital distribution.

This is clearly a last ditched effort to find a distributor of their product.

Sponsors are going to be tough for fighters and Invicta to find now that they are under UFC's umbrella. Expecting these fighter uniforms weve heard about to make a presence.

TBF, this really isn't a new type of business model. Netflix for example pays to have original content (eg. House of Cards) on it's digital service as well. I think a lot of this is a long term strategy on Zuffa's part to make sure Invicta stays alive in order to help build up WMMA which Zuffa has shown to have a vested interest in.

Edit: If you time it right (and the offer is still active then) you could probably even get one Invicta event without paying the UFC anything. Just saw the 7-days-free-trial thing...

But of course you'd have to remember to cancel in time.

Don't like Zuffa's idea of MMA? What are you talking about?

I'm talking about the fact that i don't like the way they promote the sport and their fighters. The angles and the strategies they use.
You like it, i don't. It's pretty simple actually but i guess a zuffa zombie can't accept a different view on something.

TBF, this really isn't a new type of business model. Netflix for example pays to have original content (eg. House of Cards) on it's digital service as well. I think a lot of this is a long term strategy on Zuffa's part to make sure Invicta stays alive in order to help build up WMMA which Zuffa has shown to have a vested interest in.

Too bad both Zuffa and Invicta are privately held, I'd be very interest to read into the details of this "Netflix of MMA" distribution deal.

On a related note, I believe the "monthly subscriptions + live broadcast TV" business model is the future for the UFC, especially when all the countries that they are expanding to are foreign to the PPV concept.

He's definitely talking about USA TV deals. There are a ton of international MMA promoters out there who could use Fight Pass as a way to get a foot in the door in the USA. How cool would it be to see Jungle Fight, Cage Warriors, and RoadFC events on Fight Pass?

As a Fight Pass subscriber I'm happy to see more original content, especially live events. But FYI, Cage Warriors already has tv deals in multiple territories in the world and also streams all of their events for free in the other regions of the world including the U.S.. Jungle Fights events are sometimes available on ESPN 3's online service in North America as well as on tv in Brazil.

My point is that I'm not sure that the UFC would broadcast events on Fight Pass where some of territories of the world might need to be blacked out. Or would need an English language commentary team in the case of Jungle Fights.

My point is that I'm not sure that the UFC would broadcast events on Fight Pass where some of territories of the world might need to be blacked out. Or would need an English language commentary team in the case of Jungle Fights.

TBF... It wouldn't be hard to IP block countries with TV deals from those events. That being said, I think this Invicta deal is more about a strategic partnership to grow WMMA than it is about simply having more content on Fight Pass.

Don't like Zuffa's idea of MMA? What are you talking about? They are the only company that is out there promoting the sport and trying to legalize it everywhere. No other company is doing that. They spend tons of money trying to promote the sport to new levels while any other organization is just out to capitalize and make money off it. Enough with that shit. They actually care about the sport and want to grow it while no other organization can say that.

Every "sport" with "UFC" everywhere in your post, and you would be correct.

I'm talking about the fact that i don't like the way they promote the sport and their fighters. The angles and the strategies they use.
You like it, i don't. It's pretty simple actually but i guess a zuffa zombie can't accept a different view on something.

What specifically do you not like about it?... Then can you explain how it is any different from any other organization operating today?

No need to be a dick about it.

Back