Invicta FC Phoenix Series 3 Bantamweight Tournament

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
KohDYvx.jpg

Invicta FC Phoenix Series 3 Ceremonial Weigh-in:

Gotta love a live tournament bracket draw, making the matchups on the fly for the eight bantamweights in the one night tournament.

Big size advantage for Julia Ottolino vs Hope Chase in that tournament bout.

Matchups for the tournament bouts selected today at random:

Bantamweight Reserve Bout No. 2: Mitzi Merry (135.5) vs. Morgan Hickam (135.6)
Bantamweight Reserve Bout No. 1: Kelly Clayton (135.5) vs. Florina Moeller (135)

Bantamweight Tournament Quarterfinal: Taneisha Tennant (135.7) vs. Brittney Victoria (135.1)
Bantamweight Tournament Quarterfinal: Julia Ottolino (134.7) vs. Hope Chase (135.8)
Bantamweight Tournament Quarterfinal: Claire Guthrie (135.7) vs. Taylor Guardado (135.8)
Bantamweight Tournament Quarterfinal: Kerri Kenneson (135.5) vs. Serena DeJesus (135.3)

Invicta FC Phoenix Series 3 Risk $100.00

Julija Stoliarenko (+140) vs Lisa Verzosa $50.00 for $70.00
Julija Stoliarenko (+125) vs Lisa Verzosa $50.00 for $62.50

What a great example that open scoring in no way prevents bullshit judging.

The judge who gave Stoliarenko round 3 with a score of 10-8 should never work again, and 2 of 3 judges giving her round 4, which Verzosa clearly won, is complete horseshit.

Absolute horseshit judging. Verzosa clearly won rounds 2, 4, and 5, and while I gave 3 to Stoliarenko, it was close.

The only way to give Stoliarenko rounds 4 (which 2 of 3 judges did) and especially 5 (which 1 of 3 judges did) is to pay attention to the blood from Verzosa's cut and literally nothing else.

It was nice as a gambler to see the open scoring used for the first time that I can recall in a five round MMA fight. I don't think the corners paid much attention to it for whatever reason oddly enough. I thought it was fairly competitive with Julija clearly winning round 1, and then Verzosa round 2 pretty clearly. And then after that the cut and the blood was a big factor for the judges no doubt. I was a little surprised it didn't get stopped by the doctor. Julija landed some great elbows in the middle and later rounds too so I wasn't shocked to see her get some of those scorecards as well. In any case I was happy to cash on Julija as a underdog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back