Invicta FC champion Cris Cyborg to defend title against Ediane Gomes

I am ok with this fight. I will be watching.

Yep. They are both extremely manly. I want to watch women fight when I watch WMMA, and I have to suspend disbelief a little too much in that regard when I see these two.

Sorry, that just the way it is.

Yep. They are both extremely manly. I want to watch women fight when I watch WMMA, and I have to suspend disbelief a little too much in that regard when I see these two.

Sorry, that just the way it is.

so alpha

So Cris Cyborg is fighting Gomes then Budd. Ronda beat them before she was good in 25 and 39 seconds. Womens 145 is so garbage. Some women with 1 and 2 wins are ranked.

So Cris Cyborg is fighting Gomes then Budd. Ronda beat them before she was good in 25 and 39 seconds. Womens 145 is so garbage. Some women with 1 and 2 wins are ranked.

Ah yes. Born in front of the WWE. A life with a silver spoon. Then with puberty, Ronda. 135. 135. SKEET SKEET

The most logical fight to setup, I'll watch ...
hopefully, at least another title fight (KH vs. SHH) and a 8-women SW tournament

why not at 135? Didn't the Invicta 135 champ vacate to go to the UFC? So, the belt should be open, why not fight for the belt at 135?

method=get&s=ediane-gomes.jpg

I've tried to find something in any of Gomes' fights to make me think she'll have anything to offer Cyborg - and failed.

I don't mind the fight I would rather see her at 135

Snore. This fight and the 145lb division does nothing for me.
You know a division is god awful when the two people in the title fight are talking about moving down in weight after the fight. 145 is dead right now and will need at least 3-5 years to fill out. Thankfully, Invicta now has a platform to do that and UFC will one day reap the benefits as with 135 and 115.

I think Gomes could have a decent UFC career at 135, but she will always be known as the woman Ronda beat in 25 seconds. Which makes this Cyborg fight pointless since everything Cyborg does is viewed through the prism of Ronda. Also, Gomes's lack of marketability will always keep her below evenly ranked fighters.

But hey, she is in main event of a card on UFC Fight Pass. I guess that is something.

She does have a BJJ black belt... that was of no consequence against Rowdy... ROWDY.

That's what I was thinking. Cyborg spends a lot of time calling out Ronda for not fighting anyone good, but her next fight is against someone that Ronda beat in under 30 seconds in her very first pro fight.

Cyborg needs Ronda a hell of a lot more than vice versa.

You know a division is god awful when the two people in the title fight are talking about moving down in weight after the fight. 145 is dead right now and will need at least 3-5 years to fill out. Thankfully, Invicta now has a platform to do that and UFC will one day reap the benefits as with 135 and 115.

People were saying that 3-5 years ago. 145lbs is just not a bastian of talent and has no up and coming prospects.

There is Randi Miller but she's only there because she can't be arsed doing anything with her weight.

135 isn't even that good. The premiere divisions are 105,115 and 125 and talent really picks up at those weight classes.

Back