Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada 8pm et/5pm pt/1am uk DISCUSSION

Oh jeebus

LqWV7GR.png

Surprised to see Veronica stopped. i knew she was extremely stiff on her feet but she packs mad power. Did she get dominated in the grappling exchanges?

Everything went south for her...she was losing the stand up as well. Charmaine got in some good kicks and knees...and then took her down easily. She then GnP Veronica mercilessly for the win. Rothenhausler looked like she didn`t know what the hell she was doing on the ground. It turned into an ugly, one-sided beat down.

Jarl

Note: I picked Veronica to win like everyone else, but...

Everything went south for her...she was losing the stand up as well. Charmaine got in some good kicks and knees...and then took her down easily. She then GnP Veronica mercilessly for the win. Rothenhausler looked like she didn`t know what the hell she was doing on the ground. It turned into an ugly, one-sided beat down.

Jarl

Surprising. i thought Veronica would be very well schooled on the ground game training at TAM and all.

Apparently this Tweet girl is from Canada so i gotta cheer for her, i just remember her from losing that lopsided decision to Budd. But apparently she has legit skills

Indeed, I thought both will be beastly when they're fighting at their real weight classes, but Tweet just dominated everywhere.

Indeed, I thought both will be beastly when they're fighting at their real weight classes, but Tweet just dominated everywhere.

Interesting. I'll have to watch the card then tmrw, I thought for sure Veronica was going to wreck shit tonight.

Also pleased to see Katja got the W, she impressed me against Calderwood. Solid grappling and she hung in there on the feet.

Whichever production company Onvicta uses for their events, it's on their end. If they use a separate company fornthe streaming aspect, it's on them. I've seen similar happenings for a pro pool league. It had nothing to do with the cameras, the producers who decided on camera shots, etc. it fell on the company hired to do the streaming. Honestly doubt it was UFC fight pass' fault.

Interesting. I'll have to watch the card then tmrw, I thought for sure Veronica was going to wreck shit tonight.

Also pleased to see Katja got the W, she impressed me against Calderwood. Solid grappling and she hung in there on the feet.

Tweet has real MT skills and when she managed to not get overwhelmed by an aggressive Heartbreaker she started picking her apart and mixed in some grappling including a ninja choke after some knees in the clinch. It was a bit sloppy but that had a bit of do with Rothenhausler's wild attempts to end the fight with big punches.

Rothenhausler's had never been tested like that before. She should get better if she keeps at it and uses this loss as a lesson. I'd hate for her to be running around like Scott Smith looking for the "Hands of Stone" finish in her fights, she needs to develop into a complete fighter.

Yeah, ok, but still...
It never happened with the other FightPass main events (that I know about).

We all know Waterson is marketable but, at the present state, is Michelle such a viewership draw that she > McGregor or "Bisping vs Lee"?
I'd be very happy for her if that was the case, but I would be kind of surprised.

Why?

vn1e0k.jpg

it fell on the company hired to do the streaming. Honestly doubt it was UFC fight pass' fault.

UFC Fight Pass is the company Invicta hired to do the streaming, you maroon.

Did you watch the press conference? The head of UFC Fightpass AND Shannon Knapp BOTH confirmed it had nothing to do with Invicta and was all about overloaded UFC servers.

Good news for Invicta and good news for the person who overloaded the servers:

3582827557_a4d581e6b9_o.jpg

Jarl

Don't know why people thought she would win. I was rooting for her, but thought there was little hope outside a random KO.

Also, why do you always sign your name, Jarl? It's in your AV. We know who you are. No need.

UFC Fight Pass is the company Invicta hired to do the streaming, you maroon.

Did you watch the press conference? The head of UFC Fightpass AND Shannon Knapp BOTH confirmed it had nothing to do with Invicta and was all about overloaded UFC servers.

Good news for Invicta and good news for the person who overloaded the servers:

3582827557_a4d581e6b9_o.jpg

Why the insult? I thought we were cool. I missed the conference. I decided to hit the bars for an hour

Why the insult? I thought we were cool. I missed the conference. I decided to hit the bars for an hour

"Maroon" is a term used to kid with buddies.

I would have used "Moron" if I was being a true raging asshole who wanted to insult you.

Please accept my apology.

883117_10152702189405717_1877485407_o.jpg

"Maroon" is a term used to kid with buddies.

I would have used "Moron" if I was being a true raging asshole who wanted to insult you.

Please accept my apology.

883117_10152702189405717_1877485407_o.jpg

Apology wholeheartedly accepted, and you used an awesome pic to boot. Only better pic you could have used? KH crying as her hand is raised.

Hana, maroon. Now that you mention it, takes me back to watching Bugs Bunny as a kid.

Don't know why people thought she would win. I was rooting for her, but thought there was little hope outside a random KO.

Also, why do you always sign your name, Jarl? It's in your AV. We know who you are. No need.

Well, to be fair, Tweet has been KOed before and looked quite vulnerable vs. Budd. And, until today, Veronica has been pretty good about scoring those "random KOs" - usually within second of the opening bell! Still, impressive win for Tweet; don`t want to take anything away from her.

I do know that my name is listed in my AV.

I just like to sign my name (like writing a letter).

Jarl

With Karate Hottie's utter and complete domination over Tamada tonight, SeverianB probably no longer care if he gonna win the TUF League or not :D

SeverianB flooding the thread with Waterson pics/gifs, nice.

kfnY1f2.gif

Missed the event but thread through the thread, it sounds like it was great. Shame that the tech issues still continue to haunt Invicta.

Missed the event .

f729a178_whatha.gif

Best Invicta event ever! Minus the unnecessary violence and savagery in the Main Event by the hands (and legs, and knees) of the Karate Hottie.

In fact, I'm too scared to check Fight Metrics for the striking ratios.

Back