Invicta FC 40 July 2nd

You are totally right. Who really knows, but
based on tape study and interviews, I feel the intangibles needed for her to win are on her side. Heart, Natural killer instinct and Mental fortitute.

yeah and just raw physicality which counts for a lot in women's mma.

Laura Gallardo is a beast! Her wrestling is top notch. Some of her amateur mma and catch wrestling matches are on youtube under Laura Anderson. Under Gallardo, Fight Club OC 4-4-19. Hope they add the line.

The Ducote v Lima fight is tough because Ducote just eats leg kicks, we haven't seen her face a Muay Thai clinch, trips in the clinch do work against her and she isn't amazing at getting off her back

At the same time she has a good sprawl, has power in her hands and is a quick striker (albeit with limited range). Lima is also the larger girl and we've only really seen Ducote fight midgets. Line is dropping on Lima so I'd wait if you're keen on Ducote

Vanzandt is live because of her scrambling and competent striking v the joke that is Zappitella's

Chelsea Chandler is a lock - Power, aggression, cardio, decent enough ground game v an opponent who you can see thinking on the ground and who has sloppier striking (Chandler's striking is still super sloppy lol)

Koren appears to have sharper striking and is more athletic, but we haven't really seen her scramble and cardio in a 3x5 may be an issue. Seems live enough

Man I was unimpressed with both Koren and Goodin watching their tapes could see it going either way but was leaning towards Goodin because she looked more aggressive. Glad I came on this board to see how you guys felt before placing a bet and will be avoiding now.

Chelsea Chandler is a lock - Power, aggression, cardio, decent enough ground game v an opponent who you can see thinking on the ground and who has sloppier striking (Chandler's striking is still super sloppy lol)

the difference between chandler's striking and parker's striking is like the difference between chandler's striking and valentina shevchenko's striking.

So I just finished my 5 minutes of wiki capping this card. This whole thing feels like a trap. No over/unders available to bet on this card... Who the hell can pick a confident side on any of these bouts?!

Do they always judge under the old rules in Invicta or did VanZandt just get fucked?

Do they always judge under the old rules in Invicta or did VanZandt just get fucked?

I don't know under what rules VanZandt could possibly have won either rounds 1 or 3. It's highly debatable whether she even won round 2 under the new rules.

Bad bet on my part. Oh well need to stick with the basics. Dumb of me not really knowing her ptv.
I thought it was a close fight and by the looks and sounds of it, she popped the other girls arm and had her in trouble. I think a lot of other girls would've tapped to those arm bars. She fought hard and tough, she's just green.

Back