Invicta FC 39 Frey vs Cummins 2 Feb 7 5pm/8pm PT/ET Live on Fight Pass

The Shanna Young fight is off, so only 6 fights on the card, still some good fights though.

hopefully they don't drag the card

hopefully they don't drag the card
Starting to think, based on recent posts, that you don’t actually watch Invicta. When have they ever dragged an event?

well last event only had 7 bouts and it dragged on for 4 hours with 6 bouts hopefully this 1 ends in under 3 hours

Thanks, Invicta ceremonial weigh-ins are always worth watching. For anyone who can't view it here, follow the link to youtube and start around 13:30. The first part is repeated 2 minute promos lol.

Observations:

Jinh Yu Frey looks super pissed off she missed weight. She says something friendly (& probably apologetic) to Ashley Smashley Cummins after the face off. Cummins (being the badass cop she is) is respectful & gracious toward Frey.

Kind of sucks that being just .8 over causes you to relinquish the belt. But the rules is the rules.

Cummins wears that black stars & stripes to honor fallen police persons who died while on duty. Pretty sure someone on her squad was killed.

Since Cummins is eligible for the title it will be a 5-round fight.

I'd forgotten Miranda 'Fear The' Maverick won the last Phoenix Rising tournament. Wonder if Miranda would ever pay homage to that past ufc guy (can't recall his name) and for one fight call herself Miranda 'Don't Fear The Consequences Fear The' Maverick.

Maverick vs. Gonzalez should be exciting.

One fighter (can't recall her name) looks either cross-eyed or nervous or a bit of both. Noticed this at her last ceremonial weigh-in too. Kind of gives me a headache trying to follow her eyes.

It's worth watching the video just to see Pearl Gonzalez' outfit. Looks like a BDSM Cleopatra starring in a Prince video.

Last edited:

Not to want to throw shade on her 'body positive' thing but I'd never noticed anything weird about her face.
Everyone has an asymmetrical face and having a perfectly symmetrical one actually looks worse.
It's not like she's a 'Picasso' like Shannon Doherty or anything (who was considered a 'babe' back then besides, and and certainly made my 1990s weenie tingle in a funny way esp in 'Mallrats').

But anyway, u go gurl. Nice sword...

And as always, Invicta doesn't schedule enough fights...

Pettigrew, DeCoursey, Blanchfield, D'Angelo, Maverick, Cummins ...... I'm either topping the Tapology predictions list or coming last.

Pettigrew, DeCoursey, Blanchfield, D'Angelo, Maverick, Cummins ...... I'm either topping the Tapology predictions list or coming last.
Mine are similar, but I picked Gonzalez and Frey.

Are we supposed to just guess what time this card starts?

I take it this will be the official discussion thread then?

I'm here for Alesha Zappatelli's thiccness.

So glad I put off driving out for this one in favor of the tournament next month. Smashley better Smash though.

My girl got a sore throat.... I hope she's on some loopy medication... I feel is going to counteract her natural Kedzieness though.....

Cummins. Zappitella, Maverick, Blanchfield, Mihalec (10p motherfucker!) ((don't tell Pearl))

meh the only fighter in this card i liked was Agapova and she pulled out

I officially can't handle whispering Julie. hahahaha. Its a good thing she's just a dork and doesn't have an accent.

Back