Invicta FC 18: Official Weigh-in, 5 PM PT, 8 PM ET, 7 PM CT. Today 7/28/16

She has always been Mizuki. Her first name is Mizuki as well but under fighting she spells it completely different and apparently it means something else with the different spelling in japanese. Invicta is just finally translating it right. Another wrestler in Japan changed her name from Rio to Rio but with a different spelling and meaning.

魅津希 is her fighting name. Mizuki
井上 瑞樹 is her real name. Inoue Mizuki
魅津希 on her rash guard
aXSLG3G.jpg

Where did you hear that there were early weigh ins?
Did you not notice people weighing in in jogging bottoms, and them reading the weights a peice of paper.

The second girl to miss weight was virtually clothed on the scales

Did you not notice people weighing in in jogging bottoms, and them reading the weights a peice of paper.

The second girl to miss weight was virtually clothed on the scales

No, wasn't watching the other people. Usually if people know they're not going to make weight, they don't bother with all the pageantry.

Maybe where she comes from, that translates in her language to "thank you for coming and keeping my fight from being canceled."
Yup, in Poland "fat" is a compliment :D

Seriously tho - i know it was short notice replacement, but still if you say "yeah, i can do 125" you should do it. I don't know the whole story, but if Christine say "i can fight, but making 125 does not sound great, how about we meet at 130?" they still might work something out. Agnieszka fought before in 135, and considering the fact that this is her Invicta debut she would probably agree on some catchweight.

I think in cases of short notice fights there should be more willingness to have catchweight fights in order to level the playing field a bit since the fighter stepping up on short notice won't have the full fight camp to game plan and make weight.

Maybe where she comes from, that translates in her language to "thank you for coming and keeping my fight from being canceled."

Yup, in Poland "fat" is a compliment :D

Seriously tho - i know it was short notice replacement, but still if you say "yeah, i can do 125" you should do it. I don't know the whole story, but if Christine say "i can fight, but making 125 does not sound great, how about we meet at 130?" they still might work something out. Agnieszka fought before in 135, and considering the fact that this is her Invicta debut she would probably agree on some catchweight.

I think in cases of short notice fights there should be more willingness to have catchweight fights in order to level the playing field a bit since the fighter stepping up on short notice won't have the full fight camp to game plan and make weight.

I think the missed weight might not really matter to Niedzwiedz. She had been going to lengths on Twitter to infuriate the opponent Stanley is the replacement for. After all that work she had done to build up her fight as being a grudge match, suddenly she has a new opponent. All that PR work wasted! Fortunately she had the issue of missed weight to throw in Stanley's face, which she did in a very insulting manner, and--voila!--grudge match achieved again! And Invicta FC has rewarded her efforts by using that face-off heavily in promoting the card!

Maybe she figures that with a difficult (for non-Poles at least) name like Agnieszka Niedzwiedz she needs to give fight fans some extra incentive to remember her name?

Last edited:
you seen this breh? They make Icho seem like a mythical god with just still images of teh beast.

I had only seen the trailer, thanks for the heads up.

dafuq with 'seem' like a mythical god though :p

Grasso with her recovery meal. Says this has been the easiest time ever making weight for her. Thanks her nutrition.

What's up with fighters and buffalo meat? Seen a few of them eating it.

Grasso with her recovery meal. Says this has been the easiest time ever making weight for her. Thanks her nutrition.

What's up with fighters and buffalo meat? Seen a few of them eating it.
Out of all the meats I have eaten (turkey, chicken, beef,lamb, deer and buffalo), buffalo was my favorite. Hard to describe, but it just has a much more unique and flavorful taste.

after that weigh in thinking about putting some money on the polish girl Agnieszka

You just took the fantasies of several forum members, and either ruined them, or made them that much better.

well I'm a big Gn'R fan soooo......

I think the missed weight might not really matter to Niedzwiedz. She had been going to lengths on Twitter to infuriate the opponent Stanley is the replacement for. After all that work she had done to build up her fight as being a grudge match, suddenly she has a new opponent. All that PR work wasted! Fortunately she had the issue of missed weight to throw in Stanley's face, which she did in a very insulting manner, and--voila!--grudge match achieved again! And Invicta FC has rewarded her efforts by using that face-off heavily in promoting the card!

Maybe she figures that with a difficult (for non-Poles at least) name like Agnieszka Niedzwiedz she needs to give fight fans some extra incentive to remember her name?

Those Polish girls and their mind games
18f92f617f357385b77cc2fff5d0afa0.jpg

A lot of Sherdoggers/-bros/-tards sure are critical of the way female fighter appearance, but I've gotta say. There are some beautiful women competing in MMA.

Christine Stanley definitely looks very rustled after the fat comments while the polish girl looks calm, collected and concentrated. I am not a fan of thrashtalking but it seems to be working here....

If Stanley comes rushing in like a wild bull, I see a victory for the polish girl.
BTW: been looking at some fights of those 2 females damn they surly beat some bums =>

one of the worst fights I have seen in a while...
The polish girl is no world beater either... :/
gonna watch some more fights now

Back