Invicta FC 14 fight card announced with new main event

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Invicta FC 14 fight card below.

Tonya Evinger (16-5) vs. Pannie Kianzad (8-0)
Katja Kankaanpaa (10-2-1) vs. DeAnna Bennett (7-0)
Roxanne Modafferi (17-12) vs. Mariana Morais (9-2)
Rachael Ostovich (2-1) vs. Andrea Lee (2-1)
Cindy Dandois (5-2) vs. Megan Anderson (4-1)
Jamie Moyle (3-0) vs. Sharon Jacobson (3-1)
Jinh Yu Frey (3-1) vs. Liz McCarthy (2-1)
J.J. Aldrich (1-1) vs. Daniela Kortmann (1-0)
Aspen Ladd (1-0) vs. Amanda Bobby Cooper (1-0)
Rachel Wiley (0-0) vs. Felicia Spencer (0-0)

Grasso injured. Event is dead to me. :(

Invicta FC 14 fight card below.

Tonya Evinger (16-5) vs. Pannie Kianzad (8-0)
Katja Kankaanpaa (10-2-1) vs. DeAnna Bennett (7-0)
Roxanne Modafferi (17-12) vs. Mariana Morais (9-2)
Rachael Ostovich (2-1) vs. Andrea Lee (2-1)
Cindy Dandois (5-2) vs. Megan Anderson (4-1)
Jamie Moyle (3-0) vs. Sharon Jacobson (3-1)
Jinh Yu Frey (3-1) vs. Liz McCarthy (2-1)
J.J. Aldrich (1-1) vs. Daniela Kortmann (1-0)
Aspen Ladd (1-0) vs. Amanda Bobby Cooper (1-0)
Rachel Wiley (0-0) vs. Felicia Spencer (0-0)

Thanks for this MMALOPEZ! Hope you don't mind, I quoted you in the Worldwide Discussion Thread, giving you credit for breaking the news here.

Off the page, I say the Moyle vs. Jacobson, as well as Anderson's and ABC's debut for Invicta will be most interesting.

Looking forward to Kankaanpaa vs. Bennett.

And of course Jinh Yu Frey.

Big fight for Pannie Kianzad. I'll be rooting for her. She's young enough that who can say how good she she can get in the future? Wouldn't surprise me to see her eventually fighting Ronda Rousey.

Glad to see Andrea "KGB" Lee back.

I've watched some of Aspen Ladd's amateur fights, as well as her first pro fight, and I think she shows a lot of potential. Looking forward to seeing more from her.

Interesting card!

No Grasso vs Souza? Sucks.

Pannie vs Tonya though...very interesting! Looking forward to that one.

JYF is always nice to see as well... :)

Invicta is dead to me as well. No reason not to have Hashi or Tamada on this card. The way they treat the japanese talent is appalling. Im tired of the invicta nuthuggers trying to defend them too.

Invicta is dead to me as well. No reason not to have Hashi or Tamada on this card. The way they treat the japanese talent is appalling. Im tired of the invicta nuthuggers trying to defend them too.
Japanese talent costs a lot of money by Invicta standards to fly in and back. UFC is probably covering most of the loses with the Fight Pass deal, but they still have a very tight budget. Look at the empty crowds these Invicta shows have been drawing. And like WSOF and Bellator, they give away a lot of comps. Shannon Knapp does this for love, not money. No sane person would start an all women's MMA promotion.

can you not detect humour?

yes im dissapointed, but of course I will watch it.

Not always easy on the Internet. Made hard by the fact that enough people have said the same thing in similar situations and were dead serious.

Some good fights at the top of the card but losing all the fighters they did really hurt the depth of their cards.

Used to have stacked prelims.

anyway good replacement main event, sucks about Grasso, would have been great if they had both title fights on the card but its a good replacement on short notice.

Hopefully Grasso can fight on the Dec card.

Looks like a pretty standard Invicta card after being ravaged by the UFC.

Pretty much. Before they had the entire 115 div so their cards/prelims had alot of depth on them.

Now they dont have that, you get 3-4 good fights at the top and maybe a decent prospect or two lower on the card.

Japanese talent costs a lot of money by Invicta standards to fly in and back. UFC is probably covering most of the loses with the Fight Pass deal, but they still have a very tight budget. Look at the empty crowds these Invicta shows have been drawing. And like WSOF and Bellator, they give away a lot of comps. Shannon Knapp does this for love, not money. No sane person would start an all women's MMA promotion.

Invicta was doing alot better before the UFC started women's divisions. I don't watch it anymore.

I just came over here to see why Cyborg was not on the card. She said she was fighting next at 140. I assumed it would be on the next Invicta card.

From what I've seen, Invicta cards are often unpredictable. Some of are just meh, but others are full of carnage and mayhem. It's not any different than any other promotion. Sometimes they're great, other times I'd rather be napping. Even with a lot of the fighters going off to UFC, I still think there is plenty of excitement to be had on the Invicta cards. I'll be tuning in.

Back