Invicta 7 card announced

To be honest I am not sure. If they use Ustream again then you should be able to purchase the card and watch it again as they just keep playing the card over and over again for weeks after the event takes place.

Shannon Knapp has said they are using a new Facebook format for their iPPV while some other people have continued to say Invicta will still be on Ustream.

Last time I went to Invicta's homepage their iPPV still led to Ustream but that was a few weeks ago now.

I bought the iPPV and I can confirm it does not involve ustream. You get an email from [email protected]. After a "thank you for registering at Invicta Fighting Championships", the email gives you a password to use to login with your email address and is signed Invicta Fighting Championships.

I hope some interviewer asks Shannon about ustream, because they did do two iPPVs with ustream (IFC5, IFC6) after their unsuccessful attempt at IFC4.

I may have mentioned Ustream, but I was wrong. Sherdoggy is correct. I did the same thing and went through the Invicta site (pay-per-stream).

Jarl

I went back and tried again. I think everything is okay now. Here is what I did this time that is different from my efforts below, incase someone else has trouble.

Go to the InvictaFC.com.

Find "Upcoming Events" in the banner, look for the dropdown menu.

Click on "INVICTA FC 7 IPPV STREAM".

Scroll the new page, look for these words:

"This is paid content/select an option to continue/$14.95 for one days access/already have access/login to continue".

Click on:

"$14.95 for one days access"

--
I decided to checkout their iPPV and see if it would work for me and it just will not accept me at all.

From their website you are supposed to click on the image but nothing happens. Go to their facebook page and click and get options but ultimately it'll get gummed up.

Unless they get their payment system up and running so people can use it without too much trouble they will end up with egg on their faces over it.

I might use DirecTV unless they cannot get that working, as there is a scheduling problem.

Weird and annoying.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why Invicta switched from Ustream? I doubt the Invicta 4 PPS debacle is to blame since 5 & 6 went really smoothly. I don`t know much about this other PPS site, but Thirdpres is right; they`ll turn off and anger a lot of fans if they don`t things running smoothly. Although, to be fair, I was able to purchase it without any trouble.

Jarl

Well, the last Invicta PPS on Ustream was fine...at least, I should say, I didn`t have any problems with it.

I wonder if Invicta`s management didn`t really like Ustream (especially after the early problems they had with it) and negotiating a deal with a new streaming service didn`t add to the massive delay between Invicta 6 & 7. I`m just speculatin` BTW...

Jarl

Last edited:
just ordered the online PPV with paypal, through the invicta website, very simply and easily. no problems with the login, so i hope that will be the case on december 7th! :)

Well, the last Invicta PPS on Ustream was fine...at least, I should say, I didn`t have any problems with it.

I wonder if Invicta`s management didn`t really like Ustream (especially after the early problems they had with it) and negotiating a deal with a new streaming service didn`t add to the massive delay between Invicta 6 & 7. I`m just speculatin` BTW...

Cost could be the issue, or a big part of it. Ustream doesn't cost Invicta FC anything to produce, but ustream gets 50% of the iPPV money. It may be significantly cheaper for Invicta FC to use DaCast since they have a different pricing model based on bandwidth and storage , and not the iPPV sales.

I see, thanks for that info, Sherdoggy. DaCast must be giving Invicta a better rate than Ustream. If I recall correctly, the Ustream cost was about 5$ cheaper - that doesn`t bother me so much. But what I don`t like is not being able to watch it (the replay) as many times as I want. That`s the most unfortunate part of this change, in my opinion. An extra $5? Well, it`s a card with three title fights and arguably Invicta`s best card ever...and maybe the best card ever for women`s MMA. This justifies the cost for me.

Jarl

If I recall correctly, the Ustream cost was about 5$ cheaper - that doesn`t bother me so much. But what I don`t like is not being able to watch it (the replay) as many times as I want. That`s the most unfortunate part of this change, in my opinion. An extra $5? Well, it`s a card with three title fights and arguably Invicta`s best card ever.

I also like the ability to rewatch it, or catch it later if you are busy during the event. But I think (doesn't seem to show the price in my ustream.tv account) it was $9.95 for IFC 4 and IFC 5, but that they raised the Ustream price to $14.95 for IFC 6, probably to match the TV pay-per-view rate. This fight is also supposed to be a $14.95 TV PPV. Maybe they prefer the "no replay" option as well to keep people from bypassing the TV broadcast in favor of the iPPV (although some people might buy both - one for better realtime and the other for replay).

I also like the ability to rewatch it, or catch it later if you are busy during the event. But I think (doesn't seem to show the price in my ustream.tv account) it was $9.95 for IFC 4 and IFC 5, but that they raised the Ustream price to $14.95 for IFC 6, probably to match the TV pay-per-view rate. This fight is also supposed to be a $14.95 TV PPV. Maybe they prefer the "no replay" option as well to keep people from bypassing the TV broadcast in favor of the iPPV (although some people might buy both - one for better realtime and the other for replay).

I think they switch from ustream for more billing and viewing options, from WombatSports:

Knapp also let us know that Paypal will be available for people to purchase the event online on Invicta

@Leek, Nice catch; Paypal certainly helps overseas viewers. In all likelihood, it was a combination of these factors that lead Invicta to switch to DaCast. i`m just hoping it all runs smoothly on December 7th (actually, the morning of December 8 for me).

Jarl

Paypal is a nice touch, so is the ability to stream to our smartphones and tablets :)

Another great card from invicta.

Love to watch Calderwood so cmon JoJo.

Still only like a half-dozen or so people going on record here and picking who they think is going to win...I admit, some of them are very tough to pick. No one calling any upsets?

Jarl

i think i am going with...

Leslie Smith Vs. Bard Honchak - Invicta Flyweight Championship - honchak by decision
Claudia Gadelha Vs. Calra Esparza - Invicta Strawweight Championship - gadelha by submission
Lauren Murphy Vs. Miriam Nakamoto - Invicta Bantamweight Championship - nakamoto by tko
Felice Herrig Vs. Tecia Torres - torres by decision
Joanne Calderwood Vs. Katja Kankaanpaa - calderwood by tko
Julia Budd Vs.Charmaine Tweet - budd by decision
Vanessa Porto Vs. Zoila Frausto-Gurgel - porto by decision
Tonya Evinger Vs. Sarah D'Alelio (Kelly Kobold out due to injury) - d'alelio by submission
Munah Holland Vs. Nina Ansaroff - holland by tko

Last edited:
getting chills with this only days away! :cool:

[YT]WPUDQajMhj0[/YT]

Back