Law Investing in Domestic Semiconductor Manufacturing Act: Signed into Law 8/9/2022

@Staph infection

I certainly understand the skepticism and love the nationalist sentiments but Intel could honestly be a lot worse given the sort of shit corporations get up to in order to maximize profits at all costs. In recent years, they've had some real bad leadership at the exec level with empty suits replacing engineers and making administrative decisions, obscene stock buybacks, etc. but god damn... you really could do a whole lot worse. They have practically held down the domestic semiconductor industry, most US firms are fabless and have no capability to produce their own designs,100% of production must be outsourced. As an IDM, Intel both designs and manufactures chips.

Intel Manufacturing Sites:

A whole lot of Made In USA, Very Little Chy-Na.

fab.jpg

Yep despite Intel and their Boeing like last ceo and board, they still have the ability to make their own chips. QCOM is entirely fabless and TXN I think makes half of theirs and the other half is fabless. AMD and Navidia are all of mostly fabless too. Good thing intel had all those plants they were too hard to sell off and they kept their engineers

Intel and TSMC are already building massive plants in the USA. Really need to help them protect IP better. Encourage others like ARM and the such to build in the USA too. It’s really simple and should have been done decades ago as @SakurabasEar said

Intel, TSMC, and Samsung alone committed to throwing down over $70 billion in capex for the purpose American chip manufacturing even without any federal subsidies to offset the insane costs of getting a cutting edge fabrication plant up and running. It's a national security issue, the bills are solid and they quite frankly deserve these bennies.

Why the hell would any politician be against this bill?

If it is because other stuff is tacked on to the same bill, then have this as a standalone bill.

THAT'S the game though isn't it? Propose a "sunshine, rainbows and kittens" bill and fill it with whatever self serving crap you want. When representatives won't vote for it, they say: See, Republican's are against sunshine, rainbows and kittens... they're clearly monsters ...and the other way around obviously.

If you won't pass this bill with all our unrelated, tacked on bullshit, we'll smear you as blocking us in the press.

THAT'S the game though isn't it? Propose a "sunshine, rainbows and kittens" bill and fill it with whatever self serving crap you want. When representatives won't vote for it, they say: See, Republican's are against sunshine, rainbows and kittens... they're clearly monsters ...and the other way around obviously.

If you won't pass this bill with all our unrelated, tacked on bullshit, we'll smear you as blocking us in the press.

You know what probably happens as much as tacked on garbage stopping a bill?

People saying they voted against a bill because of the tacked on garbage. Voters never look this stuff up.

So Intel is building a mega office and land outside of Phoenix I think that is related? I’m all for domestic products and jobs. If there is a ww3 we need to be as self sufficient as possible

They speak chinese, it was Chinese less than a century ago. Nobody recognizes it. At the same time it is tricky because I always support separtists. It is tyranny to force people with different identity who want to be left alone to stay in your union.

It is imperialism. And it always leads to violence. The people opposed to US secession of states if they wisj it peacefully. The people opposed to Catalan independence or Scottland or Eastern Ukraine or Crimea are ultimately imperialists supporting tyranny.

Until recently I considered Taiwan independent on the basis they dont want to be part of China. However, I recently heard the Chinese and non western view and I am honestly not so sure on what % of Taiwan truly is pro chinese. Before you mention chechnya I will say if Chechnya was actually peaceful I would of been fine with them leaving. All parts of world that want to rule a people but not let them vote or support their identity or leave is an issue and always leads to violent reaction.
Correction: it was Japanese a century ago

Chinese are not indegenous to Taiwan. If the CCP takes over, they will wipe out the small indegenous population.
To be fair the ruling elite during modern Taiwans time did that. A lot of Taiwanese aren't Formosan at this point

Intel and TSMC are already building massive plants in the USA. Really need to help them protect IP better. Encourage others like ARM and the such to build in the USA too. It’s really simple and should have been done decades ago as @SakurabasEar said
ARM doesn't build, let alone work with semiconductors.

I am no expert on Taiwan but Mandarian is spoken there overwhelmimgly last I checked. Chinese in china are a mixture of 2 east asian subraces all united by mandarian. Many different ethnic groups existed till china ruined it all and .ade everyone a "Han"
Considering how the CCP is trying to genocide the Tibetans, Uyghurs and trying to pressure other minorities to assimilate into the Han identity, Taiwan being independent is best for all the people there.

Considering how the CCP is trying to genocide the Tibetans, Uyghurs and trying to pressure other minorities to assimilate into the Han identity, Taiwan being independent is best for all the people there.

I see you ignore my other points and wont say you support freedom for other people or groups if its outside of China

Taiwan isnt our concern. It isnt even a country it belongs to China like Ukraine is Russian especially Crimea and Eastern/Southern Ukraine. Gods will and god will ensure the defeat of evil satanists in west.
So how much does the CCP pay you to post?

So does this mean invest in Intel instead of Nvidia and AMD?

Ah yes, the Bill that will net Pelosi and her husband probably tens of millions in stock profits that they aren't even trying to hide.
This is what happens when you learn about Investing from QAnon. Here's what actually happened:

• The CHIPS Act has been public knowledge since 2021 and has strong bipartisan support.
  • Pelosi's husband actually lost money on his recent Nvidia call options.
  • Nvidia is not even an actual beneficiary of the CHIPS Act.

I haven't taken a deep enough dive into the topic but is it one of those things where the government may pour a bunch of the taxpayers money into research and development only for private companies later to profit off those innovations?
Enron Musk blowing his wad @brackis1

Intel, TSMC, and Samsung alone committed to throwing down over $70 billion in capex for the purpose American chip manufacturing even without any federal subsidies to offset the insane costs of getting a cutting edge fabrication plant up and running. It's a national security issue, the bills are solid and they quite frankly deserve these bennies.
I know. They were already throwing that caped on before this bill even happened. Seems some of those plans were starters before covid imho. This is helpful but more subtle things could and should have been implemented years ago

Back