Invest In The Heavyweights

CanadianGuy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
This is just my opinion but the UFC needs to invest in the heavyweight more. I wish they did more tuf featuring heavyweight. It just seem like nobody is really talking about them any more. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

Hard to find good heavyweights. Most talented big guys go where the money is at.

Hard to find good heavyweights. Most talented big guys go where the money is at.

This.

And HW TUF is the worst idea in the world. The HW season with Kimbo and Big Country had some absolutely terrible fights.

I'd be for another HW TUF. Might be the first time I watched the show in many years. Really don't know if there's a lot of talent out there, though. The last show, they kept Roy (too experienced for TUF really) and Schaub, and I think sent everyone else packing.

I'd be for another HW TUF. Might be the first time I watched the show in many years. Really don't know if there's a lot of talent out there, though. The last show, they kept Roy (too experienced for TUF really) and Schaub, and I think sent everyone else packing.

Mitrione and Kimbo too.

Also, Roy being on the season was an insult.

Mitrione and Kimbo too.

Also, Roy being on the season was an insult.

Yeah, I forgot Mitrione, but they ditched Kimbo at pretty much the first opportunity.

Yeah, I forgot Mitrione, but they ditched Kimbo at pretty much the first opportunity.

Well, yeah.
I mean, we all knew why they were keeping him, and how long it was likely to last.

Still, two shots in the UFC, after getting embarrassed by Roy... not too bad.

Sign some heavyweights from the European countries. Especially Russia. I think the ufc should hire scouts to go over seas and find fighter

They kept Madsen, too. Guy actually won like four straight if I remember correctly. However, UFC gave him the axe on the first opportunity they had.

The heavyweight landscape in MMA is bleak.

If you did another TUF, you'd end up with a cast of over the hill vets and bloated light heavyweights.

I wouldn't mind another HW TUF. A couple Mitrione and Schaub types keep things fun. Also there's gotta be a Shane Carwin or two out there.

The problem with this is that TUF doesn't really produce fighters, it mainly takes already existing fighters and bring them to the spotlight. Sure, they can shine a light on the upcoming minor league HWs, and this will provide more context for us when these fight in the UFC, but it's not like we'd actually get more quality fighters in that weight class because of it.

This is just my opinion but the UFC needs to invest in the heavyweight more. I wish they did more tuf featuring heavyweight. It just seem like nobody is really talking about them any more. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

HW's are harder to find.
The last TUF HW they did brought Schaub & Mitrionne. Not real "talent" to get the gold at HW IMO.

They need to make a global TUF once again. Limiting themselves geographically (so they can do TUF US/Brazil/etc is bad when looking for something so rare as good HW's.

But then again, UFC is killing the HW division with their terrible Matchmaking.

I mean, they keep fixated in rematches for the champ!
Look at Cain. Most of his fights are rematches.
Now they are forcing Werdum to rematch (hey! it's Cain, so we gotta rematch!!), even though they have more exciting fights they could have made!

Kill rematches, it will make this WC much more interesting IMO

Another heavyweight season of TUF would be full of slobs and Rashad HWs. TUF just doesn't cater itself well to the heavier weights anyways with multiple fights within a month. More LHW TUF would be welcomed though as that division is in need of more fresh blood and may actually get some through a show.

Back