Inversion Tables?

----ACE----***

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with an inversion table? My lower backs acting up and i think it might help, and i'll probably get one if its cheap enough on craigslist. Just interested to see if its helped anyone or if theres any other good suggestions. And just for clarification, its not my back muscles, but more of a joint thing, like i need to pop my back a lot or something

I've got lower back issues, tried one that didn't belong to me, and didn't feel any inclination to buy one for myself.

I've got one and use it 1-2 times a day. Check out a floor model at a sporting good store and judge for yourself.

"Even though I'm in my seventies, I feel GREAT!" - Teeter Hangups guy

Never tried one myself, but know people that either swear by them, or will never use them again. Some claim it fixed their back, others say it does nothing for them. See if you can find someplace where you can try it a couple of times, if it helps, get it, if not, don't. If it's a chronic lower back issue look into spinal decompression, I had to get it done and it was the best thing I've ever done for my back.

Why don't you get some of those inversion boots and get a chin up bar.
If it doesn't help your back, they can be used to inverted situps.

Just hang from a pull up bar, save money, work grip endurance, and decompress your spine.

I like them. If I owned one I'd use it daily. It helps loosen my hips up as well.

Just hang from a pull up bar, save money, work grip endurance, and decompress your spine.

This is what I do for decompression. Is there a reason why being upside down would decompress any differently? Or is it just that people want a way to relax and not have to hold onto a bar?

This is what I do for decompression. Is there a reason why being upside down would decompress any differently? Or is it just that people want a way to relax and not have to hold onto a bar?

There's no active muscle work involved. Plus, I'd rather not stress my shoulder joints by hanging (previous shoulder injuries). In addition, only 15 degrees below parallel is where decompression starts, so in order to go into gradually, you'd need an inversion table.

my GF uses it...I love to walk up to her while she is hanging up-side down and stick my erect penis in her face...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
look at that...my 69th post...i smell irony!!!

^^my man... you are a magician.

I'm gonna get one of these, sounds like they are definitely good for the lower back.

My dad uses one right now for the past 6-7 years and thinks it works good for stretching the back completely. He has upper back and lower back and hip issues and he says with a few twists while he is in the upside down position and he pops everything back in he loves it. I've tried it too and don't mind it for a good stretch.

Back