Introduction and ramble

Welcome to the forum. You'll find some excellent information here. This place is much better than any body building / powerlifting forum IMO because it tends to focus more on functional strength and athleticism than the aforementioned places do.

"tl/dr" just made me laugh my ass off. I can't figure out if you have to be extremely bored or not to take the time to post that.haha

x2 on the disliking of such phrases as "Functional Strength". Just seems way too much like what I hear from the people balancing on things rather than squatting.

"tl/dr" just made me laugh my ass off. I can't figure out if you have to be extremely bored or not to take the time to post that.haha

It's just a good way to get people fired up when they make a long post. Welcome aboard!

*lifts up all three testes*

Do these count?

lol, I sort of agree with the term functional strength, though my new article mentions the word and tries to explain it--back in my day, we used to call it "farm strength" but I hate fitness industry words like core, toned, etc.

TONING: (TOW-NING)v. "Inefficient or Ineffective resistance training"

Miriam-Wassung Dictionary

By the way, I am way behind on my promised article on deadlifts, will work on it tonight--My twins celebrated their 4th b-day yesterday, so we had to do the whole Chuck E Cheese party, and we have finished up home school classes this week, so its been busy.

Anyway, welcome to the forum

I figured that I should have looked better at that weight and was not too happy. I also posted a picture on the T-nation "Rate My Physique Forum". I posted one relaxed picture with bad lighting and had a few negative reviews which I took in stride. There I was 195lbs. with 12% bf and people were telling me they couldn't see my abs enough for me to be 12%, and a 170 pound dude said I had nothing to rate.

Even though I should have expected that seeing as how I am not a bodybuilder, it still irked me that a physically smaller guy was being pretty harsh with his criticism of my physique so I was a bit discouraged from posting there again. I'm not a bodybuilder am I? Besides, I can look in the mirror and see that I am not content with my physique, and I'll never be strong or fast enough to make me feel complacent so I don't need someone else's approval, I just need to bust my ass as hard as I can and improve as fast as I can.

So, you're not happy with how you look, so you're guna change it. Good.

but you're discouraged from posting on t nation cos you got a small rinsing, even tho it's possibly the nicest place ever lol? Neways, the point is, you're not a bodybuilder. (as you just said, at least twice)/ At t nation the goal is to b HYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGE. I'm confused as to what you were trying to achieve by posting there. And why you letting that one guy bother you? You just said he was smaller than you!

If you have insecurity issues posting here rather than T nation won't really make a difference. Be better cos you wana be better, not for the approval of any meaningless fuckers.

So, you're not happy with how you look, so you're guna change it. Good.

but you're discouraged from posting on t nation cos you got a small rinsing, even tho it's possibly the nicest place ever lol? Neways, the point is, you're not a bodybuilder. (as you just said, at least twice)/ At t nation the goal is to b HYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGE. I'm confused as to what you were trying to achieve by posting there. And why you letting that one guy bother you? You just said he was smaller than you!

If you have insecurity issues posting here rather than T nation won't really make a difference. Be better cos you wana be better, not for the approval of any meaningless fuckers.

Ok Chief.

Back