Intoxicated pilot pulled from plane

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.leadertelegram.com/news/daily_updates/article_fb01444a-56f3-11e2-a85c-0019bb2963f4.html

Someone in security smelled alcohol on the pilot in an elevator. Wouldn't it be wise to have pilots taking a breath test before boarding a plane? According to the article, several pilots are caught every year in random testing and it makes me wonder how many aren't caught. Drugs other than alcohol may be involved also. Maybe a blood test would be in order. Results might not be quick enough to keep them off the plane that day but if they know they will be caught, they might not risk it. Random testing leads to pilots trying to beat the odds.

wait, wait! its not in russia or a russian pilot!!? :eek:

shocking!

shocking!

odbyt13346640404324.png

shocking!

No, it was in Minneapolis. Many years ago a passenger waiting for his flight was at the bar in the Minneapolis airport and saw a couple of pilots in uniform drinking quite a lot. When he was seated on the plane, he saw the pilots go into the cockpit. He reported it and the pilots were both over the legal limit to drive a car.

Maybe they need to put alcohol interlock devices on airplanes.

aw man. it could have been like that movie with denzel.

No, it was in Minneapolis. Many years ago a passenger waiting for his flight was at the bar in the Minneapolis airport and saw a couple of pilots in uniform drinking quite a lot. When he was seated on the plane, he saw the pilots go into the cockpit. He reported it and the pilots were both over the legal limit to drive a car.

Maybe they need to put alcohol interlock devices on airplanes.

ignition-interlock-device.jpg

shocking!

Hehe

First thing I thought when I read the title - 'dem Russians'

In there defense theres alot less things to hit in the air.

Back