Movies Interstellar (2014) vs The Social Network (2010)

Better film

• Total voters

I Fusion I

Everything you can imagine is real
@Brown
Reaction score

Which one is better? Having rewatched both this year, I am not sure

Last edited:
Pick your favorite
no

AmbitiousOrdinaryKoi-max-1mb.gif

Haven't seen Israel or social network

I don’t like that dude in Facebook movies face or dimeanor. I also despise Facebook and anything todo with the big social media brands and wish anyone involved in the progression of such platforms death by most painful and embarrassing way possible

Never seen The Social Network, and Interstellar was great......until it turned into shit.

That ending of Interstellar was some fairy tale nonsense. I thought I would hate a movie about Facebook with Justin Timberlake in it. Was caught off guard how good it was. The dialog was fantastic as was the music by Trent Reznor. Easily the Social Network for me.

Interstellar was a masterful showcase in scale. You got a very good idea for how small we truly are. Score / Acting was amazing as well. All around 9/10

That ending of Interstellar was some fairy tale nonsense. I thought I would hate a movie about Facebook with Justin Timberlake in it. Was caught off guard how good it was. The dialog was fantastic as was the music by Trent Reznor. Easily the Social Network for me.

The 4th dimension stuff was good imo, toh liked TDKR and Dunkirk more than Interstellar right?

The 4th dimension stuff was good imo, toh liked TDKR and Dunkirk more than Interstellar right?

Dunkirk was my favorite of the 3, I think I'm one of the few that loved that movie, was fantastic in the full sized IMAX. TDKR I liked everything but Catwoman and how Bane died. Interstellar I liked up until the last 20-30 minutes, but just hated the how whole black hole magically transports him into the back of the library then he's in the bed. Just felt like a big jump from Sci-fi to fantasy. Not going to knock anyone that liked the ending though.

Social Network was fantastic beginning to end, this is coming from someone that had little interest in the subject matter and honestly was adverse to seeing it.

Dunkirk was my favorite of the 3, I think I'm one of the few that loved that movie, was fantastic in the full sized IMAX. TDKR I liked everything but Catwoman and how Bane died. Interstellar I liked up until the last 20-30 minutes, but just hated the how whole black hole magically transports him into the back of the library then he's in the bed. Just felt like a big jump from Sci-fi to fantasy. Not going to knock anyone that liked the ending though.

Social Network was fantastic beginning to end, this is coming from someone that had little interest in the subject matter and honestly was adverse to seeing it.

My ratings:

Interstellar 8.5/10
Social Network 8.5/10
TDKR 8/10
Dunkirk 7/10

What about you?

Fincher and Nolan are my #2 and #1 favorite directors. But I don’t go rate everything high because of that

My ratings:

Interstellar 8.5/10
Social Network 8.5/10
TDKR 8/10
Dunkirk 7/10

What about you?

Fincher and Nolan are my #2 and #1 favorite directors. But I don’t go rate everything high because of that

Interstellar 8/10
Social Network 9.5/10
TDKR 8.5/10
Dunkirk 9/10

Nolan is one of my favorites as well. Pretty much have liked all his work with the exception of Tenet. And Fincher has made some real classics.

I don’t like that dude in Facebook movies face or dimeanor. I also despise Facebook and anything todo with the big social media brands and wish anyone involved in the progression of such platforms death by most painful and embarrassing way possible

do you think the social network is a movie made by Facebook to promote Facebook?

Two of my favorite directors and I like both but Interstellar is kind of a mess so I'll give it to Social Network.

Interstellar 8/10
Social Network 9.5/10
TDKR 8.5/10
Dunkirk 9/10

Nolan is one of my favorites as well. Pretty much have liked all his work with the exception of Tenet. And Fincher has made some real classics.

I like all of both directors movies, and most of them are great or above. I think Panic Room and The Game are underrated, if you haven’t seen them check it out.

Meanwhile Insomnia and TDKR are Nolan's only underrated films, as the majority would pick Following and Begins over it.

As for the rest:

TDK 10/10
Prestige 9/10
Inception 9/10
Memento 8.5/10
Begins 8/10
Insomnia 7/10
Following 7/10
Tenet 6.5/10

The Game 7.5/10
Gone Girl 8/10
Fight Club 8.5/10
Zodiac 9/10
Se7en 10/10
Dragon Tattoo 8/10
Benjamin Button 7/10
Panic Room 7/10

Need to rewatch Tenet, Alien 3, Mank and Panic Room before rating them.

The ending was bad because it was above your understanding of space-time and physics

<seedat>

Back