Movies Interstellar (2014) vs Arrival (2016)

Better film

• Total voters
Well I watched at home on streaming but the Regal Cinema that was near me in the Lower East Side had a full bar. I had a monthly pass there pre covid and would see everything. Also Alamo has a full bar and restaurant as well. I also have brought in my own beer secretly to a lot of movies.
didnt know regal had ones with alcohol. i only know indie ones that had it. and i read amc did but never saw it in the locations i been to

didnt know regal had ones with alcohol. i only know indie ones that had it. and i read amc did but never saw it in the locations i been to

This was one of the first but I'm such an idiot, it took me like 6 movies to even notice it. I was always seeing movies on the 3rd floor but when I went to see JoJo Rabbit, it was on the second floor and I saw the bar. I was also in the middle of dry January so I was really kicking myself haha

yet to see Interstellar but i just loved the plot twist in Arrival. Just beautiful and brilliant.

I thought Arrival was amazing and Interstellar was pretty forgettable.

I thought arrival was amazing but interstellar blows it out of the water, that’s how good it is.

Both are very sad though.

Interstellar was, well, a stellar performance by the cast, director, and the writers. Arrival was good too, but that butterface jeremiah makes every movie borderine unwatchable for me.

Interstellar by a country mile. Would loved to of seen him of made interstellar without all sappy shit tho..

I went with Interstellar, but both are great.

I thought interstellar was visually interesting but I thought the third act weak. Arrival I felt was genius all the way around

Interstellar being one of my wife’s favorite movies is about the only point of contention in our marriage.

Movie felt like such a jerk off waste of time to me.

Interstellar-just the way nolan explores the concept of time is amazing

Well I watched at home on streaming but the Regal Cinema that was near me in the Lower East Side had a full bar. I had a monthly pass there pre covid and would see everything. Also Alamo has a full bar and restaurant as well. I also have brought in my own beer secretly to a lot of movies.

Long ago, I took my nieces to watch SpongeBob SquarePants. Some guy rolled into the theater halfway through the movie with a sixer. He took a seat and knocked em' back. Nobody bothered him. I guess depending on the situation, you can drink at any theater you please.

Not a massive fan of either personally but I really liked some of the scenes in Intersetllar like the big wave or the spinning docking. Both I found got too caught up in their science in their plots over actually selling the drama.

Long ago, I took my nieces to watch SpongeBob SquarePants. Some guy rolled into the theater halfway through the movie with a sixer. He took a seat and knocked em' back. Nobody bothered him. I guess depending on the situation, you can drink at any theater you please.

Oh yeah, movie beers is a big thing. I saw the Avengers (1998, not MCU) with my girlfriend at the time and we brought a six pack in and it was the only thing that could help how bad that movie was.

Interstellar by quite a margin for me. I enjoyed Arrival, but Interstellar was next level imo.

Interstellar being one of my wife’s favorite movies is about the only point of contention in our marriage.

Movie felt like such a jerk off waste of time to me.
Divorce.

Then send a number my way.

Interstellar was great the first time I saw it.. problem is the other times I’ve seen it it’s clear it doesn’t make any sense.

Back