Movies Interstellar (2014) vs Arrival (2016)

Better film

• Total voters
I liked Arrival a little more but I did enjoy Interstellar. I remember I ran out of beer watching Interstellar because it was pretty long so I had to pause it and go pick up more beer.

I liked Arrival a little more but I did enjoy Interstellar. I remember I ran out of beer watching Interstellar because it was pretty long so I had to pause it and go pick up more beer.

which cinema allows to drink beer? Just askin

which cinema allows to drink beer? Just askin

Well I watched at home on streaming but the Regal Cinema that was near me in the Lower East Side had a full bar. I had a monthly pass there pre covid and would see everything. Also Alamo has a full bar and restaurant as well. I also have brought in my own beer secretly to a lot of movies.

I prefer arrival because the language piece was neat. Both have very strange 3rd acts that don’t exactly make sense but arrivals I guess makes slightly more sense.

Interstellar by miles IMO. Arrival had that cool little twist but I never had the desire to rewatch it.

Interstellar is one of the best films of all time. Arrival is a good film.

Arrival by miles IMO (sorry revol) It was something I'd never seen before. The whole look and feel was fresh, and Interstellar's ending was pants.

Wow, two of the most boring movies ever. I think I choose suicide before ever watching either again.

Interstellar, Arrival was weird and made no sense, it built up this big twist and then I was like WTF where is it? Now, this is in part to me being partially retarded but still.

Both kind of suck.

Watch The Martian instead of Interstellar. Watch Contact instead of Arrival.

The 3 theaters that I frequently go to in New Jersey all sell alcohol and food.

I only go to the theaters that serve alcohol and food now. The waiter comes in and brings it so you don't have to miss the movie it's great.

I liked the idea Arrival had a lot more than Interstellar. The whole language angle I thought was great and such a good idea. A fresh take on the whole alien invasion idea. Unfortunately I found the movie to be kind of boring overall.

Interstellar was just a better movie overall. I just recently rewatched it and I thought it was a good movie.

Interstellars docking scene alone beats arrival.

Never seen Interstellar, but everything about Arrival was fantastic.

Well I watched at home on streaming but the Regal Cinema that was near me in the Lower East Side had a full bar. I had a monthly pass there pre covid and would see everything. Also Alamo has a full bar and restaurant as well. I also have brought in my own beer secretly to a lot of movies.

nice. I usually take chips and something to drink but never thought of taking beer when its a late show.

The 3 theaters that I frequently go to in New Jersey all sell alcohol and food.

Didn’t see it yet but its been a while since I have been to a theater

alamo drafthouse, theres others here

ty

Last edited:
Interstellar might be the "better" movie but I found Arrival more entertaining if that makes sense

Never seen Interstellar

<WhatIsThis>

why tf are you wasting time posting on sherdog instead of changing that?

Back