Internet sellers, advice please!

Noveltymortar

The Great Sage of Sherdog
@Brown
Reaction score
For anyone here who has sold items to other forum users (this is car stuff on a car forum, so we are not talking about unusually honest sherdog users), what is the best way to avoid getting ripped off? I understand that paypal makes it too easy for buyers to claim issues without actually needing to prove anything.

tl;dr: if you have ever sold something online, how did you handle the transaction?

For anyone here who has sold items to other forum users (this is car stuff on a car forum, so we are not talking about unusually honest sherdog users), what is the best way to avoid getting ripped off? I understand that paypal makes it too easy for buyers to claim issues without actually needing to prove anything.

tl;dr: if you have ever sold something online, how did you handle the transaction?
Sell local and meet in person.
Treat it like a drug deal.

Welcome to the internet my friend how may I help?

I hate meeting people in person. Either I go to a local business to meet them and they bring their friends to rob me, or I have them come to my house where they bring their friends to rape me.

Even though it's slower than shit compared to most methods now, you could always opt to go old school and require the buyer send a USPS money order.

I hate meeting people in person. Either I go to a local business to meet them and they bring their friends to rob me, or I have them come to my house where they bring their friends to rape me.
homer-simpson-animated-gif-7.gif

<{jackyeah}>

so win win for you every time

Back