Opinion Internet is a utility. Govt should provide free internet for all homes

Yes many of your fellow right wingers, who live in the lowest performing states (like Kentucky) will gain access to the internet.

Great

So what you're saying is, you're in support of more government money going towards the underperforming whites of Kentucky, than the blacks of New York, Baltimore and Shitcago.

Who would have thought a BLM supporter like you would be in favor of such a thing??.

Yes many of your fellow right wingers, who live in the lowest performing states (like Kentucky) will gain access to the internet.

Trump supporting white families who live in subsidized housing are hard-workin' 'Muricans. It's the black democrat families in subsidized housing who are the good-for-nothin' leeches. Get it straight!! :mad:

Trump supporting white families who live in subsidized housing are hard-workin' 'Muricans. It's the black democrat families in subsidized housing who are the good-for-nothin' leeches. Get it straight!! :mad:

Yup this is the truth and tens of millions of clueless Americans will believe this until the day they die

I think he lives at home with mommy and daddy and dont understand whats included or excluded in rent.

I thought it was common knowledge that Queen B is a troll whose entire shtick is trying to make progressives look like poorly informed wack jobs.

I thought it was common knowledge that Queen B is a troll whose entire shtick is trying to make progressives look like poorly informed wack jobs.

he can still live at home.

if you are not rich to buy a home, most apartments provide free heating and water

Rofl.

It's not "free" - it's included as part of your rent, OR the landlord makes you put the utilities in your name and you pay those bills yourself.

suppose people can learn to set broken bones from youtube tutorials and shop online for healing crystals? priorities...

Should lower income people go without running water, a roof over their head, access to food?.
I believe we do enough for low income families in this country, especially when compared to what the working middle class sees for its tax dollars. Its not fair for people to work all their lives and have nothing better than those who coast.

I believe we do enough for low income families in this country, especially when compared to what the working middle class sees for its tax dollars. Its not fair for people to work all their lives and have nothing better than those who coast.

InB4 people start calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe, transphobe.

Its to level out with low income families. Free basic Government subsidized wifi should be available to all families, rich and poor

"Free"

This is the problem with liberals right here. There's no such thing as free.

Its not fair for people to work all their lives and have nothing better than those who coast.

The pride of knowing you never got a gubmint handout and worked hard for every penny you have should be its own reward.

The pride of knowing you never got a gubmint handout and worked hard for every penny you have should be its own reward.
Isn't this the white privilege argument too?

Sure. The phones lines are all in place, no reason they cant have government run dial up. Anything more than that? Hell no.

I work in telecom for 10+ years. Google was trying to disrupt the system but their college interns that developed their business model were ignorant of all he variables. Most importantly they either forgot unions existed, or they hoped they could bend local government to their will. A lot of the slowdown for Google's rollout is they want to move other utilities' stuff. For example: they wanted to be able to drive up to a telephone pole and move AT&T/Verizon/etc.'s cable up or down the pole as needed, or to make room for their pole-mounted devices. This was obviously not cool with the major telecoms, as the last thing you want is people touching your stuff and causing outages. Second, the unions were furious because they have a contract with AT&T/Verizon/etc that says they are the exclusive work force to touch those cables on poles. Not to mention google was only building out "last-mile" services and still used AT&T/Verizon/etc.'s infrastructure to provide edge and backbone service.

IMO, people need to work with their municipalities and build out local municipal networks. AT&T/Verizon/etc. do very little of the actual construction these days, it's all contracted out to MASTEC or whoever is in your location, the ISPs simply design the project. Municipalities could do it this way as well and at least provide service to the higher density areas relatively cheaply. Iirc, Chattanooga TN has a municipal network for downtown and some of the suburbs. Municipal networks won't work in the sticks though. If you live out in the country cell service (or reusing the spectrum) is the only economical way to get service to cleetus living in his tar paper shack.

Do we really want them to?
I mean Kentucky...

Fuck 'em. Let them work to pay for it like I do.
Don't worry guys...
I just went to Eastern kentucky last week to pick up a new English Setter puppy, they're not getting internet anytime soon. Fuckers don't even have cell service in the "hollers". I truly felt like I was in a different country lol.

Back