Internet aggression

blokeybloke

Prem Fred BMF Belt Holder
@Titanium
Reaction score
Broad strokes i know but whats your thoughts on folk who exert this too often ?

You know the kind, them who push it to the brink of straddling most forum rules but always hold back just enough from threatening with actual physical harm/violence.

Mind your own business or we can take off our shirts and fight

datable-beard-man-meme-generator-i-m-gonna-cut-you-a-slice-of-cake-for-dessert-279e66.jpg

I think internet aggression is pretty funny, to be honest.

The tough guys who live on the other side of the country or even world talking about how they'll show up at your house to fight you.

What?

The tough guys who live on the other side of the country or even world talking about how they'll show up at your house to fight you.

What?

I'm pretty sure a couple sherdoggers have met up irl to fight

What?

You shut your mouth boy :icon_evil

I usually laugh, but sometimes it annoys me when people go out of their way to be assholes.

you don't want to visit the S&C section then, lots of roided up heart surgeons who just competed in the olympics there lol :D

Usually comes from white belts or Plats with join year of 2012. :D

Do you think it would improve people's character to have anything on the internet tied to their actual name and picture?

I feel like the internet has kind of destroyed people's ability to communicate in a normal manner because of their anonymity.

I usually think they are weak or nerdy IRL. I know that's not always true though.

Do you think it would improve people's character to have anything on the internet tied to their actual name and picture?

I feel like the internet has kind of destroyed people's ability to communicate in a normal manner because of their anonymity.

Probably not, there's a lot of "tough guys" on facebook.

Probably not, there's a lot of "tough guys" on facebook.

I have debates with people but nobody ever gets fucking crazy like these forums. But you would be less prone to criticize someone if everyone knew the way you look and who you are. Facebook is more like real life interaction with people.

Wait ts, you just called my mother a whore?

Bring forth ur rapier!

It's kind of sad, because way back I used to frequent the OT a lot. The feel at the time was different then what it turned into. Sure there was flaming and calling out, but there was a constant sense of goofiness and no one (or few) seemed to take themselves seriously. It was hilarious but somewhat mature at the same time if that makes sense. Then one or two new members got on there who really didnt inderstand the dynamic at the time . . . The poster or two built up a post-count rather quickly and garnered quite a following and soon the whole tone of the place turned into "hardcore". Nothing was funny, ironic, subtle, ingenious anymore . . . The fun of the place turned into a junior high/senior high dumb person hangout. Hard to describe, but Ive hardly even lurked in there as a result. Said member is still in there doing what said member does. And it's not like I had a huge blowout or anything, I stood up to the poster and some of the tone but after a few weeks or a month or two I just couldn't be bothered with that forum. The wit and good-willed flaming behind the understood facade of words had been lost to the hardcore attitude that took over - not funny most of the time, and genuinely dim/dull.

Back