International Sandwiches: What's your favorite?

You know what else they sell in Hawaii?

spam-musubi.jpg

You forget I used to live there. :D

This the absolute worst thread for a college kid to be looking at at 4 AM without any food in his fridge

Thanks to this thread, I just got myself a shawarma

If we qualify peking duck, why not burritos, tacos and Ethiopian injera?

That's a slippery, slippery slope, my friend.

Well if we count gyros, then arent we counting pita bread too. I have never seen gyro on Rye or French Baquette. If that, then why not tacos? They are the same shape. And if you count pita bread and tacos, then can you count wraps? They are just soft taco shells, you can wrap fully around the toppings.

Peking Duck will come in either a wrap style or sometimes inside a mantou or mantow. It is like a chinese loaf of bread. It looks like a small sub.

We're not counting tacos because tortillas are not bread. Neither are the wraps for Peking duck. They simply don't meet enough of the qualifications for breadiness. Esp wraps by virtue of being a combination of being flat and not baked.

Singapore ice cream sandwich. The bread tastes like an aromatic and soft pound cake. You must try!

Singapore-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-31.jpg

IceCreamSandwich.jpg

Singapore+Ice+Cream+Menu.JPG

I do love me a Shrimp Po'boy even the roast beef one with debris

what makes a good Bahn Mi is the french bread, i've had pretty crappy ones that were on bread that was too doughy as it it was a pre-packaged gas station sub.

oyster-po-boy.jpg

Po'boys are the most amazing sandwich on earth. :p

Isn't pizza like an open-faced sandwich? :D:p

No, a pizza is a pie because it is baked after the filling/toppings are places on it.

An open faced sandwich, OTOH, is prepared after the bread is baked.

Next!

Back