INTERNATIONAL GRAPPLEFEST 2005 in Va, Sept 17-18

Anthony Huss

White Belt
Reaction score
GFflyer17-18125pxl.jpg

International GrappleFest 2005

"Come for the competition, stay for the fun."

Sept 17-18th, 2005 is the date for the annual GrappleFest competition. This year's event will be an OUTDOOR martial arts festival that will blow your mind! A completely original concept. All levels and ages are welcome. A festival themed around intense Grappling competition and other martial arts, with something for everyone. If you enjoy,.....
* live music,
* one low price for ALL the Grappling matches you can handle,
* conveniently located in the heart of Virginia,
* beautiful surroundings,
* the highly competitive "Tap Factor" format,
* FREE multiple entries,
* the innovative "The Gauntlet" Martial Arts Olympics,
* Champion's Banquet,
* inexpensive overnight accommodations onsight,
* more styles of Grappling available than any other event in the World,
* something for everyone,
* and an awesome atmosphere!
.......then this year's will be on your "TO DO LIST"! Spectators are welcome too! It is a lot of fun to watch, plus we could use our own cheerleading section. We are out to show that Martial Arts are something the whole family can enjoy. There will be something for everyone!

This year's GrappleFest will feature a wide variety of martial arts competitions for ALL conceivable forms of Grappling: Submission Grappling, Jiu-Jitsu, Folkstyle Wrestling, Judo, Scottish Highland Wrestling, Sambo, Cuff'N'Stuff (MAYBE Sumo, Backhold Wrestling too), etc. There will also be something for those who prefer striking!
International GrappleFest 2005 will host:

"TAP FACTOR" 1st Annual Championships Tournament:
===========================================
Pure Grappling across a wide spectrum of styles. The division Champions will be awarded with their well-earned titles, trophy, Pro divisions recieve a belt, and a big surprise(sorry folks, I want to keep THIS part under wraps until the day of.)

"The GAUNTLET": Martial Artist Team Olympics
=====================================
Unlike anything you've ever seen! Compete and win prizes! TEAM competition only, your 5 member team will go against teams representing other schools, states, and countries in a series of grueling events. Challenging your team across the board in a variety of areas; speed, strength, stamina, skill, teamwork, fighting spirit,...you get the picture.

Putting your skills to the test in a way that's,....Outside the Box! Tug-Of-War, Climbing Wall, 4-Way Joust, Obstacle Course, and many more. FREE to competitors. Can your team "Run the Gauntlet?"

"CHAMPION'S BANQUET"
====================
There will also be a banquet Saturday night after the competition is over. All Champion's will have reserved seats at the head of the long-table. Wine, Dine, and make Merry.... Following the banquet there will be more live music performances at the main pavilion.
This is optional and is a separate cost.

Cabins and accommodations for +500!
==============================
There will be cabins available for those wishing to come early. Competitors get first choice! Come early Friday, weigh-in first, pig out, and then retire to your cabin to rest up for Saturday's challenges. And again for Sunday's line-up of events.

We all know what happens when we go to competitions as a team. Four guys get an $70 hotel room, split it 4 ways, then fight over who gets the bed and the floor. At the GrappleFest 2005 site everyone gets their own bed for around $15($12 or $18 depending on the cabins available)! No spooning or nightmare scenes from "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles".

PLUS MUCH, MUCH MORE,......

Sponsored by:
SOBE beverage company
MMA.TV
Onthemat.com
Huss Hybrid Combat College
Trophies Forever
Combat College
House of Pain
C.A.D.R.E.
C&S Rapid Copies
Carolina Cup
Attention potential vendors: Booths are 10'x10'. For booths or sponsorship opportunities contact us at 704-300-6253. Regards, Anthony Huss www.Grappler.Us

Directions To GrappleFest 2005:
In 2005 the venue will be located at a private campground outside of Richmond.

From Richmond:

From Richmond, take I-64 to Exit 136 at Zion Crossroads. Follow US Highway 15 south for 6.6 miles toward Palmyra. GrappleFest 2005 will be on your right.

Washington, DC:

From Washington (Northwestern areas), Take I -66 West past Manassas. Exit on to Route 29 South toward Gainesville. Follow 29 south to Culpeper, where it combines with US Highway 15. Take 15 South for approximately 34.5 miles towards Palmyra. GrappleFest 2005 will be on your right.

From Charlottesville:

GrappleFest 2005 is about 15 miles east of Charlottesville. Take I-64 to exit 136 at Zion Crossroads. Follow US Highway 15 south for 7 miles towards Palmyra. GrappleFest 2005 will be on your right.

From Charlotte:

Take I-85 North till it merges with I-95 North, continue north till you hit Richmond. From Richmond, take I-64 to Exit 136 at Zion Crossroads. Follow US Highway 15 south for 6.6 miles toward Palmyra. GrappleFest 2005 will be on your right.

Attention Pilots:

For those of you who would like to use the Airfield available at GrappleFest, we are listed in the Washington and Cincinnati Sectional Aeronautical Charts. If you wish further information about the airfield, please contact us.

See website for more.

Back