Intermittent Fasting and time restricted eating?

Social Distance Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mods, if you feel I should have posted this in the nutrition forum please, my apologies.

That being said, any mayberry folk have experience in this?

Joe rogan seems to swear by it, and the doctors and experts he has had on also support it or practice it.

Does it fuck with your training? Do you feel tired?

My coworker swears by it, says it has changed his life.

Any personal stories or testimonials?

Thanks in advance.

Detractors often say that it puts your body in starvation mode and your body stores fat...any truth to that?

It's a fad.

May work for some, but overall, eating high quality foods in properly portioned meals that suit your activities, caloric and nutritional needs is the best way to go.

Not taking a break from eating sometimes or eating only at specific times. Just think about it.

I don't eat breakfast. But not for intermittent fasting. Started doing it in college for obvious reasons. I sleep 5-7 hours a day and won't eat till lunch so thats about 10 hours of fasting.

So I'd say most people are doing it and don't know it. I don't think it will make you "shredded" and overeating will probably store more fat yeah

It's a fad.

May work for some, but overall, eating high quality foods in properly portioned meals that suit your activities, caloric and nutritional needs is the best way to go.

Not taking a break from eating sometimes or eating only at specific times. Just think about it.

That's pretty much what I'm doing now.

A certain amount of macros per meal. (Contigent on when I work out as well)

That's pretty much what I'm doing now.

A certain amount of macros per meal. (Contigent on when I work out as well)

Probably the best.

I'd imagine, of course I'm no expert, that the people who see the most benefit from fasting are people who aren't doing a great job of eating cleanly, efficiently and with purpose.

If you fast, and purge your body of what is normally taken in, when you begin to eat again your kind of on a "clean slate" so tk speak and all of your digestive tract and organs will be ready to run quickly and efficiently when you begin to take in food and drink again.

But if you don't have a bunch of trash or not great matter "in the way" to begin with you probably won't notice much difference.

Also, I should have asked, it really depends on what you are looking for. Do you want to lose weight or something else?

I never specifically intended to, but intermittently fasted several times a week for years. I felt perfectly fine while doing that and stayed slim/lean. Staying lean in my opinion was more to do with my level of activity and the overall amount I ate though. I stayed roughly the same weight for about a 15+ year length of time.

To be honest the only time I've ever felt "tired" physically was when I was very inactive but tried to do something very physically demanding. The more active you are, the better you should feel regardless of what you're eating. At least, that's the way it's always been for me.

I have tried. 16/8 a couple of times. Was Impressed.

Give it a try for a week and see how you feel. I never intended to start intermittent fasting or time restricted eating, but I stopped eating breakfast a few years ago to make a cut easier. If anything it actually helped with my energy levels in the morning but this could just be a mental thing.

Probably the best.

I'd imagine, of course I'm no expert, that the people who see the most benefit from fasting are people who aren't doing a great job of eating cleanly, efficiently and with purpose.

If you fast, and purge your body of what is normally taken in, when you begin to eat again your kind of on a "clean slate" so tk speak and all of your digestive tract and organs will be ready to run quickly and efficiently when you begin to take in food and drink again.

But if you don't have a bunch of trash or not great matter "in the way" to begin with you probably won't notice much difference.

Also, I should have asked, it really depends on what you are looking for. Do you want to lose weight or something else?

Just maintaining a healthy eating style...

Trying to put on some good lbm.

Right now, I'm about 172, and im 6'2.

I have a hard time stacking on weight...

God another bro Rogan podcast fanboy...

I swear joe Rogan has brainwashed so many wannabe bros it’s really sad.

The only time I fast is when i sleep.

Mods, if you feel I should have posted this in the nutrition forum please, my apologies.

That being said, any mayberry folk have experience in this?

Joe rogan seems to swear by it, and the doctors and experts he has had on also support it or practice it.

Does it fuck with your training? Do you feel tired?

My coworker swears by it, says it has changed his life.

Any personal stories or testimonials?

Thanks in advance.

Intermittent Fasting is very easy, you should just try it for a bit and see if you like it.

From my understanding, it's just allowing your body to use the energy it already has stored instead of having it constantly being fueled when it doesn't need to be. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

One thing I will say is that I definitely feel more alert when I wait until midday to eat. I think it's like how when you're around food when you're hungry it smells better and tastes better. My non-proven, non-professional idea is that naturally, food isn't as easily accessible as walking to the fridge, so your brain ramps up your senses in order to acquire food. Take away the actual need to find food, and apply that mental drive to something else in everyday life and voila. Could be BS, idk, but it's been working for me for years.

I've been on 12 hour fasting for about 6 months, it's real easy to do.

I once read, the best diet is one you can stick to. Truth.
If it works for your lifestyle, you will have results.
I always hated breakfast, then I don't think about food when I'm busy during the day. So then I work out and feel like I'm earning my dinner.

Detractors often say that it puts your body in starvation mode and your body stores fat...any truth to that?
no, and I've been doing intermittent fasting for ~8 years now. There has been zero difference between regular meal frequency and IF in terms of fat loss/muscle gain. That was my goal when I first tried it but I stayed on it because it is ridiculously convenient to just eat one huge meal a day rather than several smaller ones. I don't even feel hunger until I start eating. It recalibrates your gastric system and makes you feel like you've transcended human needs.

also, working out fasted feels amazing. Just make sure you get your BCAA's.

I've been intermittently fasting my entire life. Poverty will do that to you.

Starvation mode is not a real thing. At least not a thing that happens by skipping a few meals.

Calories In Calories Out. You will not gain bodyfat by eating less. You will not lose bodyfat by eating more.

Back