Interesting Tidbits about Ronda -- November 2010 thru 2015

George Jetson

Orange Belt
Reaction score
From November 2010 thru November 2015, Ronda will have fought 15 times (counting amateur bouts) against 14 different opponents.

That's an average of 3 times per year for 5 straight years.

From November 2010 thru November 2015, Cain has only fought 6 times against just 3 different opponents (Werdum, JDS and Bigfoot).

That's an average of 1 fight per year for 5 straight years.

Ronda's record during that period? 15-0 (Holm won't win)

Cain's record during that period? 4-2

Cain has only fought 3 different men in a 5 year span of time, and he lost to 2 of those 3 dudes.

But Ronda took out 14 different women cleanly.

I think Ronda deserves more credit than people give her. She's not just hype.

Also... I think she really steps up when Dana needs her.

She had a 60 day turn around for the McMann fight and another quick turn around for Holm too. When other fighters pass, she says NO PROBLEM DANA.

Show me another champion with 2 title defenses in less than 60 days?

IMO Ronda deserves to have her own candy bar named after her -- called a Ronda Bar (with crunchy shit inside, to simulate the breaking of arm bones).

Reggie Jackson had a candy bar named after him a long time ago just cuz he hit a few homeruns in a world series. So it's not unprecedented.

Ronda's opponents are far, far weaker than any other UFC division contenders.

Is she still wicked? of course. But stop comparing her to other divisions.

Well I think he does have a point in terms of her prolific nature relative to other champions. She fights consistently and she's got a shit ton of other stuff going on in her life too what with the motion pictures. depth of the division notwithstanding it's impressive stuff no matter what way you cut it.

Shit thread

You are comparing her to cain cause it fits your agenda

Good for Ronda it's probably easy when everyone you fight just isn't good

Ronda cut 17.5 pounds in 24 hours when she didn't need to on TUF just to prove a point to her team.

This is what Cain looks like in training:

Cain-Velasquez-DC.jpg

Werdum intelligently went to Mexico to acclimate months before the fight. Cain went what, like 2 weeks before?

Division comparisons aside, Ronda has more work ethic than Cain ever has. He's fat and lazy and shouldn't be within sniffing range of a title shot.

Honda has infinitely more spirit in preparation even though she knows she'll demolish her opponents and that alone says something.

Champions should actually carry themselves like champions. Cain knows nothing about that. Ronda encompasses it.

Last edited:
Ronda cut 17.5 pounds in 24 hours when she didn't need to on TUF just to prove a point to her team.

Cain-Velasquez-DC.jpg

Werdum intelligently went to Mexico to acclimate months before the fight. Cain went what, like 2 weeks before?

Division comparisons aside, Ronda has more work ethic than Cain ever has. He's fat and lazy and shouldn't be within sniffing range of a title shot.

Honda has infinitely more spirit in preparation even though she knows she'll demolish her opponents and that alone says something.

I've said it and I'll say it again, I seriously imagine that all those guys who fantasize about Ronda* look just like you in your AV (I'm assuming it's you).

*and yes, that includes fantasizing about her hype-filled career and unimpressive MMA achievements.

Cain-Velasquez-DC.jpg

Champions should actually carry themselves like champions. Cain knows nothing about that. Ronda encompasses it.

Sounds like fighter bashing to me. Go ahead and tell Cain and everybody he's demolished that he's lazy with no work ethic. You don't know their lives and you don't know shit about work ethic. I don't even like Cain, other than jones he's my least favorite modern era UFC champion. But compare Cain's fights to JDS and Ronda's fights in general and Cain has fought in the sport longer. Just in two of those fights.

Again, Ronda is wicked but the competition is a joke.

Cain has to much work ethic if anything
why do you think he is always hurt??

cause he goes to hard in the gym

Stop comparing her to other divisions.

Stop comparing her to other divisions.

Did you think that was clever? My point was that Other divisions are far more established, so don't bother comparing her to the other divisions to prove your point.

Jesus christ.

Both Ronda's work ethic and professional accomplishments are commendable, and she doesn't need Sherdog to agree.

Did you think that was clever? My point was that Other divisions are far more established, so don't bother comparing her to the other divisions to prove your point.

Jesus christ.

You are doing it again. Stop comparing her to the other divisions.

This is how I feel. I'm sure most agree, but I say it anyway.

Back