Interesting thing on Holly Holm

Rush against the cage....it's Sarah Mcmann all over again.

HH chance of winning = 0%

RR will shoot>clinch
HH will defend the TD and eat knees and cross elbows till either RR=TD, or fight stoppage.

HH needs a few primer fights before even thinking about fighting RR.

The difference is that Mcmann has horrible footwork, never mind lateral movement. Where ass Holmes has great footwork and is constantly circling.

Rousey's been relying on her strikes more and more in her latest fights and has the ego to try and beat Holmes at her own game. If she tries I think holmes takes it. I wonder if she'll fight smart and go for the td/arm bar

I don't think Ronda will let her ego take over and ignore her Fight IQ. She's always had an ego and it hasn't really been a detriment in her fights yet.

Even in the two fights she won by KO/TKO it seemed to me like she was using striking to set up grappling and just happened to knock out her competition. Case in point Ronda still threw Alexis and took the fight to the ground even though Alexis was already out of it.

Yes I know Edmond said she would win with strikes but that was his prediction based on her progress. I don't think her gameplan was to stand and bang the whole time in both fights.

Also Ronda has always used striking to soften her opponent and get into the clinch (ie Sarah Kaufman). She's just become better at striking and happens to now take other girls out with strikes as a result.

As an aside: am I the only person who wants to see a video of Ronda sparring with Jessamyn one-handed? I know she did it while healing from a broken thumb and I think it'd be interesting to see.

She ducked the #1, she is #2. Ronda rd. 1. Still beating pro boxers.

I don't think Ronda will let her ego take over and ignore her Fight IQ. She's always had an ego and it hasn't really been a detriment in her fights yet.

Even in the two fights she won by KO/TKO it seemed to me like she was using striking to set up grappling and just happened to knock out her competition. Case in point Ronda still threw Alexis and took the fight to the ground even though Alexis was already out of it.

Yes I know Edmond said she would win with strikes but that was his prediction based on her progress. I don't think her gameplan was to stand and bang the whole time in both fights.

Also Ronda has always used striking to soften her opponent and get into the clinch (ie Sarah Kaufman). She's just become better at striking and happens to now take other girls out with strikes as a result.

As an aside: am I the only person who wants to see a video of Ronda sparring with Jessamyn one-handed? I know she did it while healing from a broken thumb and I think it'd be interesting to see.
Idk if Ronda gets the better of the clinch work. Otherwise, that's a fair assessment

Back