Interesting thing on Holly Holm

5starthai

Far and away, across to the narrow sea to Braavos
@Green
Reaction score
I was on box rec looking up somw stats and checking out some ratings as they are one of the more reputable websites when it comes to such and I decided to check up on holly holm and where she stood at when she fought (ive only seen her fight replays on youtube), so i went to the p4p rankings for females all time and I was damn surprised she was number 1, so basically, shes the GOAT womens boxer and now shes fighting in the UFC, cant wait till the debut

Full stops motherfucker.

lmao

TS, I think it's great that you decided to look up records and stuff.

While you're at it, do yourself a favor and look up Holm's fights, then watch them. Especially the one where she gets a KO that encompasses the totality of what most of Sherdog has seen from her.

My point being that I wouldn't get my hopes up. A great boxer or wrestler a great fighter does not make.

I really think she's the one to beat rousey

I think she has a very legit shot. I doubt Rousey can stand with her nor simply walk through her strikes to clinch like she normally does.

I think she has a very legit shot. I doubt Rousey can stand with her nor simply walk through her strikes to clinch like she normally does.

Rousey's been relying on her strikes more and more in her latest fights and has the ego to try and beat Holmes at her own game. If she tries I think holmes takes it. I wonder if she'll fight smart and go for the td/arm bar

You guys should really wait until Holm beats a top 10 fighter... or Pennington... before thinking about Ronda.

Her Headkick KO was the first time I saw a chick get brutal Knocked out. then again thats not something I like search for

Rush against the cage....it's Sarah Mcmann all over again.

HH chance of winning = 0%

RR will shoot>clinch
HH will defend the TD and eat knees and cross elbows till either RR=TD, or fight stoppage.

HH needs a few primer fights before even thinking about fighting RR.

Her Headkick KO was the first time I saw a chick get brutal Knocked out. then again thats not something I like search for

First one I saw was Miesha Tate getting folded by Kaitlin Young. My first experience with WMMA was that tournament Kaitlin won. I thought Young would be unstoppable. Watching Holly fight, I can't help but think the same thing. Young now holds a losing record.... we will see what becomes of Holly once she faces elite competition.

I figured she'd be among the top, but p4p #1 all time is pretty impressive. I was thinking maybe Laila Ali since she retired undefeated. Maybe Ali didn't fight the level of competition Holm did, as I'm pretty sure Laila was in a heavier weight class.

Even though p4p lists are always subjective, cool to see her getting some serious recognition. It only adds to the legitimacy of MMA (we need more of that. lol).

Will be funny watching Ronda's jimmies get rustled over having to fight another better-looking opponent. Holm via sprawl-n-brawl tko and a good-sportsmanlike handshake at the end(I hope).

If she was 5 years younger I'd be more excited about her chances against Ronda. Holm is legit though.

Back