News Interesting strategy by UFC to combat piracy of PPV

Wait a tic.

TS is suggesting that some people knew how to set up a VPN and still chose to pay half price via Fight Pass so as to only jump through 2 loops, instead of just streaming it illegally for free by jumping through 4 loops, which they will do now. Do I have that right?

Whatever the numbers of these technologically knowledgeable half-PPV-stealers are, I doubt they’re high, and UFC certainly aren’t basing pricing strategy over this subset of fans.

lol.. many browsers have built in free VPNs.. you literally click one button and choose a countries flag to change location. Finding a reliable stream is harder for the average person.

They should go the WWE Network route.... 20 bucks a month gets you all of the fight pass library, all Fight Nights, and all "watered down" PPV events. And then throw down a quarterly (at most) stacked PPV for an added cost at standard rates.

They should go the WWE Network route.... 20 bucks a month gets you all of the fight pass library, all Fight Nights, and all "watered down" PPV events. And then throw down a quarterly (at most) stacked PPV for an added cost at standard rates.
I'd buy the shit out of that

lol.. many browsers have built in free VPNs.. you literally click one button and choose a countries flag to change location. Finding a reliable stream is harder for the average person.
“I doubt they’re high, and UFC certainly aren’t basing pricing strategy over this subset of fans.”

Ppv, lol @ that concept

Imagine paying for something you can watch in 4k uhd with all the camera angles available and optional commentary, for free through one of the best streams available that hardly anyone knows about.

“I doubt they’re high, and UFC certainly aren’t basing pricing strategy over this subset of fans.”
The pricing of PPVs remain the same regardless of them detecting VPN or not. They were paying half price because they refuse to pay full price. Do you think these people are now paying full price? No, they're streaming illegally now. So you've gone from generating x amount of $ from a niche community to 0$. These people are now telling friends about illegal streams and their quality. Word of mouth is the strongest form of advertisement for any company.

I'd buy the shit out of that

I would as well. As it stands, in the past year I have contributed zero dollars directly to the UFC. A plan like this would have sent them approx $300 last year. That's 300 million in revenue with only 1 mil subscribers.

How many of these subscriptions could they sell?

kdicln.png

Ppv, lol @ that concept

Imagine paying for something you can watch in 4k uhd with all the camera angles available and optional commentary, for free through one of the best streams available that hardly anyone knows about.
Well fuck buddy, don't hold out on me now lol

i used to buy PPV cards on youtube. it was easy, fast and the quality was solid. once they took that option away since i dont even have a tv, let alone a cable tv package subscription, i no longer pay for PPVs. there's some real dumb finance people working for UFC.

Because a lot of people have a hard time finding streams without lag or buffering issues/random shut downs half way through a PPV. Imagine inviting people over and having that happen during a main event etc. Why not split 30USD 6 ways and have an HD flawless stream.

That's not to say you can't find a flawless HD stream for free but some people just dont know how/dont want to be bothered. I've even used great steams that never had a prior issue that started lagging out or just shut down halfway through.

This and there's always some idiotic nerd retort that claims these streams never go out or lag which is fucking horseshit.

If you're sitting in your bedroom of your parents house then sure go all out on your streams. If you're having a party with people over you don't want to fuck around with an important PPV card using a random stream. Sure I've had plenty of illegal streams that were flawless but i've also had them go out right at the main event.

Free vpns are probably the problem. The IPs end up on a blacklist that the UFC can use to catch you.

yup free VPNs are 100% a waste of time.

Just to be clear, using VPNs isn't piracy. It's actively recommended to prevent websites from tracking you.

I would pay twice the fight pass price if PPV's were available and immediately available on replay.

Free vpns are probably the problem. The IPs end up on a blacklist that the UFC can use to catch you.

I'm part of a community who also uses paid for VPN and they cant access the webpage either.

UFC has been taking down streaming sites, platforms and links pretty aggressively. But I can still find an HD stream within 5mins and if I don't, I'll resort to reading PbP.
What I won't do is paying the UFC even one cent.

UFC has been taking down streaming sites, platforms and links pretty aggressively. But I can still find an HD stream within 5mins and if I don't, I'll resort to reading PbP.
What I won't do is paying the UFC even one cent.
I respect the hustle but I cant be reading PbP with the boys.

Back