Media Interesting remarks from new Kamaru interview ...

Wise1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
@12:43

"I'm motivated because I didn't feel like I got that fix, you know, I still got that fear in me ... "

This was telling imo.

As much as some of you might think Kamaru chose this fight because of $$ or because it's the "easiest" LoL , I actually believe that he chose this fight because he has pride. He knows that he got over on Mas given Mas only had 6 days to prepare and Kamaru, unlike some other fighters, actually wants to leave no doubts, especially in his own mind. He knows that he didn't fight the real Jorge and more than that he is not proud of the tactics he had to employ against the ill prepared replacement.

He respects Masvidal and knows that he is a a real danger but Kamaru isn't trying to avoid this danger or any danger, he wants to face them all and conquer them all. Respect.

WAR KAMARU

WAR MASVIDAL

May the best man win.

@12:43

"I'm motivated because I didn't feel like I got that fix, you know, I still got that fear in me ... "

This was telling imo.

As much as some of you might think Kamaru chose this fight because of $$ or because it's the "easiest" LoL , I actually believe that he chose this fight because he has pride. He knows that he got over on Mas given Mas only had 6 days to prepare and Kamaru, unlike some other fighters, actually wants to leave no doubts, especially in his own mind. He knows that he didn't fight the real Jorge and more than that he is not proud of the tactics he had to employ against the ill prepared replacement.

He respects Masvidal and knows that he is a a real danger but Kamaru isn't trying to avoid this danger or any danger, he wants to face them all and conquer them all. Respect.

WAR KAMARU

WAR MASVIDAL

May the best man win.

Ive always had the same theory, anybody who was a former competitor can see that usman is
A true champion and wasn’t satisfied with his performance he means that.
Masvidal is a dangerous fight and doesn’t get enough credit around here.
Usman stopped colby and never had to try and switch it up.
Usman stopped burns
He dominated woodley in a crushing demotivating win

look at the last exchange in the 5th round masvidal vs usman...its telling jorge was never out of that fight snd usman knows it.

the peabrains on sherdog won’t understand it

Inb4 50-45 lol

I hope you are right. But positional grappling is Usman's game, whether it be in the clinch with dirty stomping a la Masvidal or gaining top position and riding it a la Woodley.

His striking heavy performances are when he faces strong grapplers like against Colby or Burns.

Yes he will most certainly hold true to his bread and butter but I'd be shocked if he went for the blatant "stale mate" again.

Lol ok yeah whatever

I hope you are right. But positional grappling is Usman's game, whether it be in the clinch with dirty stomping a la Masvidal or gaining top position and riding it a la Woodley.

His striking heavy performances are when he faces strong grapplers like against Colby or Burns.
True, usman, while a prideful guy like any champ, isn’t an idiot. He takes the path of least resistance for all of his opponents and I don’t see why masvidal would be different.

True, usman, while a prideful guy like any champ, isn’t an idiot. He takes the path of least resistance for all of his opponents and I don’t see why masvidal would be different.

So you think he decided to run it back with Mas just so he could put up the same performance?

He ran it back cause it paid well and the fans apparently demand it...

I'm going with Usman 3-4 TKO but a Decision is still far more likely.

Don't mind either winning but as stated I'm enjoying his Legacy build.

Yes he will most certainly hold true to his bread and butter but I'd be shocked if he went for the blatant "stale mate" again.
Agreed. He's not the best on the mic and he def has his cringe moments, but I don't think I've often seen him say something and not try to back it up. I think if he starts getting in trouble on the feet he'll def go back to his bread and butter, but it's not like he's an easy guy to one hit KO so I think he'll be striking more. If not on the feet, at least ground and pounding.

I agree with this up until the "not proud about the tactics" part. Kamaru is coming into this weekend looking to clinch and stomp.
^this, no way in hell usman wants to get touched by Masvidal. That said, Mas should avoid spamming the leg kick at all cost or it'll go exactly like the last fight.

He ran it back cause it paid well and the fans apparently demand it...

I'm going with Usman 3-4 TKO but a Decision is still far more likely.

Don't mind either winning but as stated I'm enjoying his Legacy build.
he'd be the only one to do it besides this dude lol
20140204110535_rodrigo_damm.JPG

As a wrestler quick notice fights against skilled strikers are the worst and takes a lot of guts to take. Not only have the inferior striker not studied the opponents game they start in a disadvantage position every round. Now Usman has trained for his striking so it will be interesting because of his pride.

he'd be the only one to do it besides this dude lol
20140204110535_rodrigo_damm.JPG

Yea I hear ya but sometimes I like to throw unlikely calls out. Particularly when I feel like I'm looking at a rinse and repeat.

Back