Interesting point by Diaz

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
People need to stop pretending McG is stepping up huge here. He's a huge FW and he himself said his natural fight weight is LW and that he walks around above 170. Nate is a natural LW too. It's not like McG is taking on Rockhold or Weidman. These guys are going to be the same size

Can I just ask what the definition of "natural" weightclass is?
I would think if you walk at say 77.7kg (170) in shape at the end of your camp you are a natural Welterweight because you naturally weigh that before cutting water weight.
The way natural weightclass is Lightweight is thrown about is disconcerting since McGregor is a natural Middleweight at the moment walking above 77.7 kg by about 5kg or more.

you should get your facts straight , ufc wanted conor at FW, i guess your new account is about to go too

Conor joined Featherweight division to fight manlets. He knew it will be the easiest way to become champ.

If he had stayed at LW, he would've have to fought bigger guys which is much tougher.

Now since he is FW champ, he can simply just skip the hard road to get to the LW Championship.

Smart move but it's obvious that he made his name out of fighting manlets.

Facts R Facts.

People need to stop pretending McG is stepping up huge here. He's a huge FW and he himself said his natural fight weight is LW and that he walks around above 170. Nate is a natural LW too. It's not like McG is taking on Rockhold or Weidman. These guys are going to be the same size

They would be if both trained for 170. Nate has added mass in the last years and it can be possible that come fightnight they are 10 or more lbs different.

I am pretty sure Nate will be substantially bigger but the more important question is his gas tank.
That?s a big if because Nate relies heavily on that with his fighting style. If his cardio is not up to the task I dont give him much of a chance, if it is he has a high chance of winning by Points or submission.

Conor joined Featherweight division to fight manlets. He knew it will be the easiest way to become champ.

If he had stayed at LW, he would've have to fought bigger guys which is much tougher.

Now since he is FW champ, he can simply just skip the hard road to get to the LW Championship.

Smart move but it's obvious that he made his name out of fighting manlets.

Facts R Facts.
it's just the voices in your head230ff883_really-fat-guy-on-computer1.jpeg

Those looked like midgets for Nate IMO:

24_135Weighins.jpg

Diaz-vs-Markham.jpg

ufox3_weighin_036.jpg

20090620121127_5808b.JPG

even this man:

nate-diaz-rafael-mma-ufc-fight-night-dos-santos-vs-miocic-weigh-ins-850x560.jpg

Nate Diaz is right.

McGregor is the Manlet Hunter.

The guy has been a natural LW, his whole life but he has been too afraid to fight LW.

All he fights are either LW's who like cutting down to FW or Manlet FW's,

Oh you're new uh...

Can I just ask what the definition of "natural" weightclass is?
I would think if you walk at say 77.7kg (170) in shape at the end of your camp you are a natural Welterweight because you naturally weigh that before cutting water weight.
The way natural weightclass is Lightweight is thrown about is disconcerting since McGregor is a natural Middleweight at the moment walking above 77.7 kg by about 5kg or more.
There's no real definition of 'natural' weightclass. It's whatever you want it to be.

What I want it to be is a reflection of what actually happens in reality. A 170 guy, in shape, fights at LW. It's the way things are right now. Nothing more 'natural' than reality, IMO.

It's more about height than weight. Conor's style is aided greatly by the fact that his opponents are rarely taller than him. Nate has a significant enough height/reach advantage to be safe from the kind of counters that conor is used to landing.

It should be noted that diaz also fights very tall, and uses his jab a lot.

It will be interesting to see how Conor does when he's forced to be the one closing the distance and not the other way around.

Nate has also been fighting midgets.
But few of those midgets beat him , so I'm not sure if that was best thing he should mention.
There's not a guy that conor beat that nate would not have beaten

Siver isn't a midget, either. Neither is Mendes.

That's funny, since Conor called them both midgets. He called Siver a steroid midget, and Chad a big headed midget. Also, Chad "Mini" Mendes.

So the guy is bragging about beating up midgets in a weight division he basically had to kill himself to get to just so he'd have height advantage?

...He was being sarcastic

It's more about height than weight. Conor's style is aided greatly by the fact that his opponents are rarely taller than him. Nate has a significant enough height/reach advantage to be safe from the kind of counters that conor is used to landing.

It should be noted that diaz also fights very tall, and uses his jab a lot.

It will be interesting to see how Conor does when he's forced to be the one closing the distance and not the other way around.
Totally. Conor is really good at distance management, though. I see him putting hands on Diaz often enough. The only real question to me is whether Conor will crack Diaz' chin and whether Diaz can land volume on Conor.

Taking everything into account, Diaz, can't possibly in the shape he needs to be in and Conor will be peaking, I don't see Diaz winning. Conor's footwork won't allow Diaz to land the volume that he needs to and less cardio can really affect how much you get hurt by strikes.

It's a tall task for Diaz.

I just want to see a good fight.

I mean... no offence to Diaz but he moved up a weight class and got ragdolled twice in a row, so he had to move down to fight the smaller guys too.

'If' conor does dust nate at 170, can anyone see him skipping rda and going straight for lawler at 200? Don't think dos anjos has the draw to warrant another event of that scale maybe? Thinking winner of khabib/ferguson gets rda next. Ain't a hope in hell lawler will get injured, and as a conor fan, the only chance he has of winning is pot shoting from the outside. When he does win or lose he'd come to LW, but what happens to the consecutive belt thing conor craves?? An interim at 170 ain't happening

Totally. Conor is really good at distance management, though. I see him putting hands on Diaz often enough. The only real question to me is whether Conor will crack Diaz' chin and whether Diaz can land volume on Conor.

Taking everything into account, Diaz, can't possibly in the shape he needs to be in and Conor will be peaking, I don't see Diaz winning. Conor's footwork won't allow Diaz to land the volume that he needs to and less cardio can really affect how much you get hurt by strikes.

It's a tall task for Diaz.

I just want to see a good fight.

Diaz's style, unlike mendes, isn't predicated on being in top physical shape. He's also not one to get out of shape, especially in the cardio department--diaz brothers are known for doing triathlons on their off time.

I cringed a bit every time he said it. It's one of those words that has not aged well and people should think a bit more when using it. I'm all for the idea of no particular group having ownership over any particular word, so use it as you will, but a little consciousness raising never hurt anyone.

Best trolling I've encountered today. Wait, you're serious?

I think Holloway was probably the tallest / rangiest guy McG has faced.

It will be interesting to see how this fight plays out in terms of range difference, or if that even factors in whatsoever.

And he survived till the bell. Coincidence?

Also don't start the injured knee argument, that happened in the 2rd round and before that McGregor had plenty of opportunities to land his left hand.

There's no real definition of 'natural' weightclass. It's whatever you want it to be.

What I want it to be is a reflection of what actually happens in reality. A 170 guy, in shape, fights at LW. It's the way things are right now. Nothing more 'natural' than reality, IMO.

Yeah I can see that point I just think I am being pedantic on the meaning of natural. Still Conor is a natural Middle / Welterweight to me depending on what he is walking around at at the end of camp.
Conor trashed Chad as a blown up Bantamweight because of his height even though his weight makes him give up on cutting to Bantam and sticking to Featherweight, so to some people it means height.

Back