Interesting old news article, black gang members defend Aryan Brotherhood's actions

It's not that simple. While at least in California.

But movies are fiction.

Many people do their time by putting their heads down and avoiding confrontation. PRison violence and rape is overblown in movies and TV imo.

I'm not saying that shit doesn't happen but there is a good amount of security in prisons and it isn't a 24/7 rape fest like some of us like to believe.

Yeah, ok, but still they have to be a little of truth inside all the movie BS :eek:

Yeah, ok, but still they have to be a little of truth inside all the movie BS :eek:

I meant in California, where AB started, you had to be a murderer to get in. This was a rule. You couldn't just join cause you're white. You could of join a smaller white or feeder gang. I don't know if this is still the case.

Other state AB groups will let anyone join.

You have to look at prison sentences and the type of prison too.

If your in a prison where people are doing life without the chance of parole there is more people who don't give a fuck. But if you can get out you don't want to extend your stay by randomly beating and raping white folk.

And even if you are there for life you don't want to lose your privileges.

Most violence in prisons is probably gang on gang violence or gang on snitch violence.

Keep your head down and do your time and most likley you won't get fucked up and raped.

this is a gang issue, gangs battle it out for territory for drug dealing, and their members may not even be racist at all, at first probably, for all the prison movies i've seen you either join a gang or you die, if you are white you go to the AB, black inmated to the Bloods, Crips o w/e, Mexicans to the Nortenos/Surenos/MS13, its about fake brotherhood, corrupted prisons and drug deals

Mexicans join a Salvadoran gang?

i thought it was a gang the received criminals with open arms without regarding which part of south america they came from.

They're a big problem where I live, and usually associated with the huge Salvadoran population here. I read they were partially formed to protect their Salvadoran immigrant communities against the powerful Mexican gangs in Cali back in the day.

They're a big problem where I live, and usually associated with the huge Salvadoran population here. I read they were partially formed to protect their Salvadoran immigrant communities against the powerful Mexican gangs in Cali back in the day.

yeah im not from El Salvador but i think people and government in that coutry had enough of their shit and the MS13 isnt doing so good these days

But movies are fiction.

Many people do their time by putting their heads down and avoiding confrontation. PRison violence and rape is overblown in movies and TV imo.

I'm not saying that shit doesn't happen but there is a good amount of security in prisons and it isn't a 24/7 rape fest like some of us like to believe.

It is not so much a requirement to join a gang per se, but if someone of another race starts on someone who is the same race as yourself, you are obligated to jump in and assist. If you don't you are getting beaten down and shunned by your own race which is very bad.

Prison is very much divided down racial lines. And if you are a new guy, you are gonna get tested as prison is full of predators. How you react to that test will determine whether or not you can do your time quietly.

It is not so much a requirement to join a gang per se, but if someone of another race starts on someone who is the same race as yourself, you are obligated to jump in and assist. If you don't you are getting beaten down and shunned by your own race which is very bad.

Prison is very much divided down racial lines.

This depends on what state and level you're at. Racial segregation isn't an issue in a lot systems. States like California though, it's a given.

This depends on what state and level you're at. Racial segregation isn't an issue in a lot systems. States like California though, it's a given.

my experience relates to prison in my country moreso than the US and race plays a massive part of who you associate with. A slightly different demographic but in Australian prison is dominated by:

Islanders
Lebanese/Middle eastern
Aboriginal
Asians
Bikers

For example, some prison footage of some Aboriginal v Lebanese

[YT]9LS7oMXFB0Q[/YT]

Back