Interesting news...PFL HW Champ Phillipe Lins joins UFC

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
There are some interesting things about this

1) Lins won the PFL HW Tourney and made $1 million. I would assume that the UFC would offer him more money to come to the UFC, as he is also losing sponsors and has to start at the bottom level of reebok

Lins also appears to be an entertaining finisher, and not a boring point fighter or wrestler/grappler

So what does everyone think he might be getting
Maybe $200k show and $200k win

2) He is fighting Arlowski in his 1st fight
Arlowski is the TRUE definition of a HW gate keeeper
Look at all the fighters he has faced -
Ngannou before he became a contender,
Rosenstruk before he became a contender
Tai Tuivasa back when Tai had a ton of hype
Augusti Saki, former Bellator HW contender

Arlowski is a true legend and is always game for a new challenge...never seems to want to take an easy fight

3) Why does Sherdog list Lins at a LHW...Will he be dropping to LWH after the Arlowski fight

Might give LHW another contender for Jones to split decision

Lins was expected to defend his championship in the second season of PFL, but had to withdraw from the whole season due to an injury.

Man Arlovski just keeps on going. 3-10 since 2016 and he just keeps taking fights with up and comers.

Good first test for Lins, but also doesn't tell us a ton if he beats 41 year-old shot Arlovski. Will be interesting to see how he looks against some real competition though, he definitely seems undersized at HW.

1) Lins won the PFL HW Tourney and made $1 million. I would assume that the UFC would offer him more money to come to the UFC, as he is also losing sponsors and has to start at the bottom level of reebok

Lins also appears to be an entertaining finisher, and not a boring point fighter or wrestler/grappler

I don't think that assumption is necessarily true. You have to take into account the million dollars with the PFL is gamble. Taking a loss at the wrong time in the bracket could mean he is only making 40,000 that year. It's entirely possible that Phillipe is taking significantly less money than the million for money that's guaranteed up front rather than gamble on what his income is every year. Especially considering he is a heavyweight where one punch could easily end things.

So if he just gets IDK let's say he just 100,000 show/win guaranteed might seem more appeasing than playing the odds with the PFL.

YES! This is AWESOME news, I honestly never thought he'd end up in the UFC. Can't wait to see what he can do.

First the Rizin HW Champ Jiri and now the PFL HW Champ Lins. Sounds not that bad.

Didn't he beat the absolute shit out of Rosholt and Lins? Those guys aren't indestructible but they're solid wins to look good against.
If I remember correctly? he throws some decent kicks that he blends well with his combos. Arlovski is the perfect guy to test if somebody has good or bad striking

A 34 year old who went 3-3 in Bellator......
He's not exactly the future of the UFC LHW or HW devision you'd assume.

He should probably stay at HW, it's much easier than LHW in the UFC.

Arlowski is a true legend and is always game for a new challenge...never seems to want to take an easy fight

3) Why does Sherdog list Lins at a LHW...Will he be dropping to LWH after the Arlowski fight

I don't think that assumption is necessarily true. You have to take into account the million dollars with the PFL is gamble. Taking a loss at the wrong time in the bracket could mean he is only making 40,000 that year. It's entirely possible that Phillipe is taking significantly less money than the million for money that's guaranteed up front rather than gamble on what his income is every year. Especially considering he is a heavyweight where one punch could easily end things.

So if he just gets IDK let's say he just 100,000 show/win guaranteed might seem more appeasing than playing the odds with the PFL.

Plus you got to fight all those fights to win a pfl title. Hes a heavy though and ufc is desperate for hw contenders so I'm sure hes getting paid well

He’s a good fighter. He’s got the build for a 205er but I think he’ll still be well suited for HW.

Was just checking out his stats and got me reading other bellator stats.
Just saw Ryan Bader hasn’t lost a fight since January 2014... pretty wild.

Damn, read the title and thought you were talking about Phillipe Nover coming back. He's the next GSP!!!!!!
<Dana05>

I doubt he's getting anything like that, probably 50/50ish.

Pics or it didn’t happen

Back