Interesting music videos that tell a story?

They are great, both music and videos. Singer is a film maker, pretty sure he does all the vids.

I just watched the one you posted but I'm at work so I'll have to do a deep dive this weekend and check them all out.

They are great, both music and videos. Singer is a film maker, pretty sure he does all the vids.

Also super annoying. I had tickets to the Anniversary show of Glass Handed Kites that was supposed to happen Memorial Day and covid fucked that all up. It was going to be at the Bowery Ballroom which is like a 300 max capacity venue.

I just watched the one you posted but I'm at work so I'll have to do a deep dive this weekend and check them all out.
You'll dig them if you already like the band. I have a friend who went to vegas to see them a few years ago (they dont come to our part of the world that often). The venue they were playing at had a fire or something strange that canned the show. Mew played at some small place instead, so he not only got to see them but it was one of them "intimate" shows...bastard.

Also super annoying. I had tickets to the Anniversary show of Glass Handed Kites that was supposed to happen Memorial Day and covid fucked that all up. It was going to be at the Bowery Ballroom which is like a 300 max capacity venue.
<bball2>

You'll dig them if you already like the band. I have a friend who went to vegas to see them a few years ago (they dont come to our part of the world that often). The venue they were playing at had a fire or something strange that canned the show. Mew played at some small place instead, so he not only got to see them but it was one of them "intimate" shows...bastard.

That's great for him haha. I saw them at Webster Hall years ago which is much bigger than where I was due to see this show but they were incredible. After the show, my friend and I snuck into the private show downstairs where Ian McCullock was playing a solo set. So two shows for the price of one!

Van Halen, Hot for Teacher. A somber tale of hot teachers and the students who are dying to fuck them. Seriously though, watch the video if you haven't seen it or haven't seen it in a while. Rock and roll is supposed to be fun. A bit goofy. Sure, socially conscious themes are a part as well, but damn music used to be fun and no one embodied this better than Van Halen in its heyday.

Nowadays are there even music videos? It seems if there is that they're just to flaunt the artists wealth (or pretend wealth).

Slick Rick was the pioneer of storytelling, whether for kids or adults.

Robert palmer had the greatest video stories.

They all told the story of a nerdy rich guy surrounding himself with scantily clad whores

The video for “I stay away” is one of my favorites.

"Forced gender reassignment" tells a heck of a story...

Beastie Boys had a lot of videos that told a story. Body Movin and Intergalactic come to mind for me:

Daft Punk did an entire movie for their Discovery album. The music videos from that album are just parts of the movie:

Back