Interesting matchup: Rockhold vs Romero

L

Lissove

Who beats who for the belt here?

As I see it, both are dominant and strong fighters, Rockhold having bigger preference to keep things at the ground. Rather a stand up fight to think of it, since Yoel is now especially comfortable on his feet and he wouldn't risk staying on the ground against Luke, and he has all the ability to shrug Luke's takedown attempts. Rockhold posses long, strong kicks, but Yoel is calm and collected in his fights so he can avoid them without panic, also he has the ability of covering great distances with speed and accuracy and daunting power. I am edging Yoel at impressively wringing that title from Rockhold.

For the belt? So this means you're assuming Rockhold beats Weidman AND Romero beats Jacare. Good luck with that.

For the belt? So this means you're assuming Rockhold beats Weidman AND Romero beats Jacare. Good luck with that.

Really not that crazy of an assumption. I think Rockhold beats Weidman, Jacare might beat Romero though.

Its not that outlandish

All 3 (4 inc Jacare) are all absolute top drawer, anyone could beat anyone on their night, which is what makes it such an insane division

I haven't really made up my mind regarding Romero.

I get you. He looked underwhelming against Brunson but fantastic against Machida. I think he's putting it together now and he's going to be a threat to anyone at MW.

How's Romero's cardio? I think that is going to be a big factor in any mixup of the current MW top 4 and I admittedly haven't watched enough of Romero to know if he can fight hard for that long.

Kennedy KO'ed Romero. Rockhold eats him for breakfast.

Rockhard has the edge on the ground and i think in the standup they are pretty even, so my vote goes to rockhold. But you never know with Romero, if he showes up like he did with Machida he could (T)ko Luke.

I would take Rockhold, stronger cardio and striking

rockhold is overrated. romero would ragdoll him. luke can't wrestle.

His defensive wrestling/grappling is actually his best asset and he's really become great with his top control

Back