Interesting interview with Charles Farrell about fight fixing

Btw, I was referring to teh Chris not RR, I guess I "forgot" about her.

Agreed. I think there are some indicators that it is moving the way of boxing, but it's not there yet, and I do hope I'm wrong.

I don't. In fact, I would say that it's going in the exact opposite direction.

Back in the day, the UFC used to do something kinda similar regarding a lot of TUF fighters, and built up guys like Diego, Bisping, Griffin, etc. and had them fight a lot of cans to build them up. As a result, they often kept a lot of the fighters from TUF a lot longer than they should have as basically glorified sacrificial lambs.

With all the weight classes and fighters these days though, DFW and company seem to have a very low tolerance when it comes to "protecting their stars".

Lots of young super talented guys just being throw to the wolves right off the bat.

Look at Erick Silva, everything about the guy just screams of so much potential stardom, but every single decent opponent he's faced has been an unfavorable matchup.

well, he can enjoy a career of getting ducked and having no fanbase - worst of both worlds for a beltholder, no one ever said this game was fair

John had a pretty good career fighting at home, maybe Rigo should fight only in Miami.

Last edited:
well, he can enjoy a career of getting ducked and having no fanbase - worst of both worlds for a beltholder, no one ever said this game was fair

If he was an MMA fighter, he'd be fine.

The interview didn't work for me (and I'm in Canada so I don't know why), but the article was a great read. Thanks for posting.

why are you dragging MMA into this?

There is only ONE champion in the UFC today that is undefeated.

There are 22 undefeated boxing "world champions".

So, there's no bellator champion?

I'm honestly not sure here, but aren't there more promotions than just the UFC? Do they have champions?

Is the sport MMA? Or is the sport UFC? Because MMA had multiple champions when I used to follow it.

Back