Interesting how relatively shallow bellator is

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by kalabula, Apr 26, 2019.

1. kalabula

kalabula Black Belt

2. Erase

Erase Banned Banned

Bellator sucks compared to ufc

Even rizin and one are better than cannator

3. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Bellator has Chanel Sonnen ranked higher than Cheick Kongo at HW? Checik is 12-2 in Bellator and is on an 8 win streak. Chael is 2-2 in Bellator overall and 1-1 at HW.

Worse rankings than the UFC and I swear I didn't know that was possible.

4. Yacob

Yacob Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack

They're growing

Dave Jansen vs Marcin Held headlined the first Bellator show i saw in person

MVP made his us debut and Jack Hermansson of all people was there

The Reed likes this.
  5. kalabula

kalabula Black Belt

World ranking is higher as well.

6. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

Guess it’s a lovely night to UFC shill using some shit website that clearly hasn’t updated its rankings since atleast 2017. Some of those guys aren’t even in Bellator anymore. Others are ranked in classes they have never fought for in a Bellator. Instead of marveling at how shallow the division is, maybe you should admit you don’t know shit and the fact that a casual doesn’t know certain fighters doesn’t say anything about the fighters.

Ban

FKA, GueseGuy, Tchernobog and 3 others like this.
  7. SuperNerd

SuperNerd Season Mode.

Those rankings look pretty old

8. BADBOYKILLA

BADBOYKILLA Blue Belt

I enjoy the product and I enjoy having an american based alternative to the ufc. Scott Coker knows what fans want and trys his best with what he has to give it too then. Love this welterweight grand prix , I really to see Macdonald vs gracie next!

Strychnine, Tchernobog and Yacob like this.
  9. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Yeah, I think they have some formula they plug them all into, so world rankings contain more fighters, but they are judged by the same criteria. They are not two independent ranking systems I think.

It's obviously a badly flawed system if it ranks Sonnen higher than Kongo at HW or even p4p.

EXOICHO likes this.
  10. LetThemBleed

LetThemBleed Black Belt

Do you really have to be a shill to say the UFC is better than Bellator on almost every measurable metric? I assume to anyone with a brain that would be patently obvious.

fifinex and Skarsgard like this.
  11. EXOICHO

EXOICHO Brown Belt

World rankings are bullshit because it's actually impossible to compare accurately the levels of skill between organizations

Lima could be top 5 or he could be top 10. But judging by Larkins Bellator run, we know that Bellator top 5 can give UFC top 10 a run for their money

12. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

That isn’t what TS was saying, Shill

GueseGuy likes this.
  13. LetThemBleed

LetThemBleed Black Belt

You sure you know what that word means mate? Seems like he was talking about the lack of depth in Bellator and you were the one who made the connection with the UFC. Bellator shill.

invalidor likes this.
  14. Yacob

Yacob Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack

Neiman vs either Rory or MVP or Lima would be fire. I want to see him against one of those high level vets...i slept on him in that Ruth fight not gonna lie

15. Pancake Sprawl

Pancake Sprawl WAR IGOR!!!11

they were trying to act like Aaron Pico was the hottest prospect in the world ....even after he was KO'd by some can.

16. M.A.G.A.

M.A.G.A. Blue Belt

Bellator would book Royce Gracie as the main event again if they could

17. supnmunm

supnmunm Brown Belt

They regularly have guys with records like 3-2 fighting on their main cards

Koniradi98 and invalidor like this.
  18. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

It was you who decided to plug UFC superiority despite the fact that I made no comparisons between the orgs in my post. That was a shill move.

I’ve also never claimed Bellator is a better organization with a better roster or even level. I’m also a UFC fan obviously.

I took it at faith that TS posting a clearly outdated but even for its time ludicrous Bellator rankings in the UFC forum in order to spark an Anti-Bellator circle jerk was consistent with UFC shill behavior. So I called him a UFC shill. Do you think future posts will prove me wrong? He clearly doesn’t watch Bellator otherwise he would’ve known what he was looking at. So what was the motivation?

You can say I’m a Bellator shill but I prefer “poster who is raising awareness to casuals” while UFC shills are merely enforcing a hardline based on swallowed hype to diminish alternative brands. For example, making a thread ridiculing Bellators depth ignores that UFC is also severely shallow in several divisions.

FKA, GueseGuy and Tchernobog like this.
  19. LetThemBleed

LetThemBleed Black Belt

You keep using the word shill but I'm increasingly convinced you don't know the meaning of the word. You linked OP's thread with the UFC. I merely remarked upon your post laughing at the notion which you seems to promoting; that even discussing the lack of depth in Bellator clearly means you must be shilling for another organization. Hope you're at least getting paid for all this work.

fifinex likes this.
  20. Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest

Screenshot_20190426-212621_Chrome.jpg
    Yea this hw division is funny.

You got a LHW as Champ who was just never up to par with the top 5 of the UFC. Hes good but not real good if that makes sense. But among the competition hes doing ok. It wont last.

Then we have Fedor, roy, congo, chael, and meathead. All but one were also never quite good enough to beat the best. Most were journeymen at best. Fedor was great. Love the guy but he is done. Has been done. He retired for a reason. Should have stayed that way imo.

Chael is just..... he should retire. Hes great with his voice. He just needs to move to that full time.

Bobby Lashley... I really dont have a comment. Hes a beast. When is his next fight?

So yes the is a funny HW division. Honestly its cool to watch but never am I trully invested.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019