Interesting Comments I've heard from instructors

Pretty much this instructor is way to narrow minded

Keep in Mind we worked De La Riva Spiderguard etc half guard but it was always just "You're guard is closed with..." "Or you guard is open with..."

I've heard people say there's only 4 positions in BJJ period. Mount, mounted, guard, and guard passer. Everything I can think of seems to fall into those catagories. Even in the 50/50 both people can be the passer or guard player depending on preference.

Just train. Who gives a shit what it's called.

Having specific names for things only helps when you are talking about them on internet message boards.

wait....

uhh........

I agree but you can imagine the irritation of a guy that trained for 20 years and this new students turn up asking about all these freaking new names! His response would be: "O yeah, you mean open guard!"

good point!

My instructor said one time

"Jeremy you have the ability to win your division every time, you're just not in your division"

He was speaking about me being overweight

LoL how much bigger were you? you look pretty regular now

I said: good for XXX moving down a weightclass, I am trying but nothing happens

My coach said: well XXX was very small for a SSH you are much better placed in your division(it is Super Super Heavy):icon_sad:

my coach once explained shawn williams guard to me: "it's a rubber guard for fat people"

I agree but you can imagine the irritation of a guy that trained for 20 years and this new students turn up asking about all these freaking new names! His response would be: "O yeah, you mean open guard!"

Hahaha, i can see it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back