Interesting bill got signed. Counter propaganda.

Will MSM talk about it ? Lol

Only if they use a fact-based narrative. This bill is worrisome, but it's also worrisome that there is no punishment for spreading fake news, at any level. You get your clicks or views, maybe print a retraction, and even if you did who would read it? It's a strange situation. Is lying for profit or political gain free speech?

Looks like they plan on using this against whistleblowers and websites like wikileaks, under the guise of fighting "Russian propaganda" and "fake news". I don't understand why they're passing this when they know Trump will be in charge though.

It's interesting how the wording is tailored to fit the current media narrative. That shouldn't be possible, it's like the mainstream media is being used as a propaganda arm for the government. If there's something to hack, hack that because I want to understand what's going on.

Yeah just don't have an opinion and everything will be ok.
If you really think that this bill means what you think it does, how stupid are you for posting your political opinions out in the open?

I think you're an enemy and full of propaganda.

If you really think that this bill means what you think it does, how stupid are you for posting your political opinions out in the open?

I think you're an enemy and full of propaganda.
I'm just an individual. I'm more worried about online news orgs like TYT, Rebel Media, Vice, InfoWars, Democracy Now, Mark Dice....etc.

Only if they use a fact-based narrative. This bill is worrisome, but it's also worrisome that there is no punishment for spreading fake news, at any level. You get your clicks or views, maybe print a retraction, and even if you did who would read it? It's a strange situation. Is lying for profit or political gain free speech?
At least with the internet we can debunk these stories, think about the turn of the 20th century with all the Yellow Journalism. Far as I know, the government never took action against major newspapers at the time so there's no precedent (I don't think) to fight it.

Back