Interesting article on food ingredients, including "pink Slime"

Jonesisinnocent

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ira-kalb/some-food-ingredients-are_b_6874074.html

So recently I've been doing some thinking about all of this controversy over 'pink slime' which is a particularly harmful layman's term for beef products that have been sterilized or preserved with a chemical treatment (primarily ammonia).

All animal meat (treated or not) is pink and slimy. But when one hears the word 'pink slime' one thinks of something sordid and toxic. It is certainly not something that you would want on your dinner plate. The news media with it's overwhelming Left-wing bias likes to create these sorts of terms in order to scare the public in to clinging to it's anti-business agenda. The media is responsible for demonizing and often destroying entire industries by using such eloquent and responsible language as "black assault rifles" and "mad cow disease" and "human sex trafficking" and "cop-killer bullets."

There is no evidence that consumption of ammonia in reasonable amounts is dangerous to one's health and there can be no amount of ammonia in a serving of beef (or dozens of servings) that could pose any sort of health risk to anyone.

We do know that ammonia has some positive health benefits. It has been used for thousands of years as action-preparation device by combatants and athletes alike. Ammonia has a stimulant effect and for this reason it is often used by powerlifters and weightlifters (typically by inhaling but also by swishing a mouthful) for the purpose of "psyching up" prior to a big lift. It is also used to revive people who have been knocked unconscious.

One can clearly see why a typical high school student might WANT to be exposed to ammonia. Most high schoolers don't get a lot of sleep and they are expected to complete a daunting amount of mental and physical work on campus. A little ammonia-treated beef might give them the competitive edge that they need to excel in academia. I think I'd prefer ammonia over Ritalin or whatever the hell else our quack doctors are prescribing to our children nowadays. Unlike Ritalin, ammonia is not bad for your heart; on the contrary, ammonia promotes good cardiovascular and respiratory health.

How wondrous, the aromatic essence of ammonia. I think that no two things could better compliment each other than beef and ammonia. Ammonia is like a powerful cologne for food that enriches the culinary experience. I'm a proud consumer of this so-called 'pink slime.' I even buy the beef that hasn't been treated with ammonia and spray it with my own ammonia. How do you like them apples?

futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling-104db8.jpg

i'll stick with my bison meat fresh from the farmers market. heheh.... hehaha... HHAHAHEHAHAHAHAHA

OP is definitely on a stimulant

probably not ammonia though

fuck ammonia

go get some real drugs

follow op's advice, look like op's AV. oh helllllllllllllllllll no.

Pink slime seems like an appropriate name to me.

Pink-Slime.jpg

Or maybe the thing from Prometheus?

prometheus_ceatour_by_lionback-d54oot4.jpg

Either way don't eat that shit if you care about your health. And TS is a big troll, 1/10 on OP.

So pink slime is like mortadella with ammonia?

Pink slime is what you call processed chicken, not any other meat but chicken. The picture in this thread is of McD's chicken nuggets before being treated and reflavored.

Back