Interesting anomaly

Jones and Cain can be in the same weight class. Lets say they fight in HW. Most of the ppl would put their money on Cain. So why everyone saying Jones is better in p4p.

Yes, they can be in the same weight class. The point is they're not. Jones is light heavy weight.

TS is clearly on some kind of controlled substance.

Last time I answer something you say because at this point it's clear that you're either trolling or mentally handicapped.
GSP without cutting weight would have to fight at LHW, he would lose to Glover Texeira.
Does this mean he's worse than Glover P4P?

We are not talking about weight cutting. Jones will be HW soon, every fight its harder for him to make 205. Dana said p4p is how would fight go if two fighters were in the same weight class. Do you understand me now?

P4P rankings are retarded to begin with, you shouldn't try to rationalize made up bullshit.

To read this thread you would think there was a big size difference between Cain and Jones.

We are not talking about weight cutting. Jones will be HW soon, every fight its harder for him to make 205. Dana said p4p is how would fight go if two fighters were in the same weight class. Do you understand me now?

Jones last cut went super smooth, and he has backed out of eventually moving to HW.
Most importantly 'till this date he's still fighting on LHW, P4P is already subjective enough, we don't need your future fantasy bullshit.

You don't understand p4p

No one does, because everyone's definition is different, because P4P is made up bullshit. It's pointless, and stupid as fuck to talk about.

Every P4P thread that pops up no real discussion takes place. It's mostly just retardation debating what P4P even means.

It's stupid as shit.

99,9% of people put Jones in front of Cain in p4p rankings but why do people keep saying that Cain would maul him in HW. Then Cain should be #1 p4p. We are talking about p4p.

I don't think you understand the meaning of P4P

Jones and Cain can be in the same weight class. Lets say they fight in HW. Most of the ppl would put their money on Cain. So why everyone saying Jones is better in p4p.

If Jones was the underdog in that fight, I would put a good amount of money on him.

This is so frustrating to read so I apologize if someone's already given this answer....

If they both fought at LH, Jones would be favored. If they both fought at HW, Cain would be favored.

P4P assumes they are both in the same NATURAL weight class. When you are moving up a class again the top guy in that class, you're probably not going to be favored. Cain, if he could somehow get down to 205, would be so much smaller and likely have less power that he wouldn't be able to handle Jones.

Jose Aldo could go on a Roy Nelson diet and get himself up to 225. Doesn't mean he's beating Cain when he gets there....

I guess I'm in the .01%, cause I think Cain is the better fighter, both in absolute and p4p terms. Both great fighters, though, obviously.

Like I noted.
Cain is a true HW.
Jon would be a small HW.

That's why the consensus is that Cain would beat Jon.
Same would apply if they fought at LHW.
Cain would be probably drained from cutting weight (not used to). Then Jon would have the advantage.

p4p is if the 2 weigh the same weight, not fight in the same weight divisions as people in here seem to think.

Yeah, you're misunderstanding this. The P4P hypothetical isn't "what if Jones moved up to HW", it's "who would win if Cain and Jones were the same size, but with the exact same attributes and skills as they have now".

It's about figuring out who has the better skillset and talent if size weren't a factor at all.

P4P rankings have deep roots in bullshit, try not to take them to seriously.

If I understand the origins of P4P then Cain shouldn't even be in the discussion because he is a heavy weight. I think the idea started as a way to compare lighter boxers to heavy weight boxers. In other words the P4P list is a way to compare all the other weight classes to heavies.

P4p rankings are shit. There, now you've learned something today.

sorry, but JJ will never be P4P #1 unless he dominates HW where he doesn't hold significant physical advantages over 9/10 of his opponents.

It defeats the whole purpose of p4p when you are constanly bigger than your opponent , Lol

fighters like DC , Cain, Fedor are way higher in the p4p since they basically always are smaller than the opponent,

all this is my opinion of course.

Back