Interested to see how the mouse becomes viewed over time...

He's gonna be viewed same as ever. Through a telescope, or "jumbo screen" at live events, or of wide angle lens camera(s) in televised events. He will be forgotten along with the 125 UFC Flyweight division in 10.9.8.7.......
Nah he will be remembered as long as Joe Rogan is alive. Highest title streak ever. That's legacy. And MM has the respect of his fellow fighters so bitter haters and casuals like you don't mean much. MM unlike most Sherdorks is very secure in himself and has made a great life for himself despite being such a small man. I bet most Sherdorks if they were 5'3" would he suicidal and would make nothing of themselves.

He has no doubt upped his finishing percentage against increasingly less credible competition (Elliott?

So right away you pick a fighter he went to decision to? How about finishing Benavidez and Cejudo in the 1st?

I find flicking peas across the room with a spoon more interesting tbh
NM, it's not worth it.

I've never understood the 'greatest fighter ever' association with the mouse. He has no doubt upped his finishing percentage against increasingly less credible competition (Elliott? Reis? Borg? none had a single top 10 win coming into their title shot...) but has always struggled with strong wrestlers and seems to get a pass for the Cruz loss.

After losing to Dom, the argument became that he was too small for 135 but is peerless while hiding out in the division below. Unfortunately the CSAC has just about killed that claim:
Main card (PPV)
T.J. Dillashaw (135 pounds to 149.5 pounds = 10.7%) def. Cody Garbrandt (134.7 to 142 = 5.2%)

Henry Cejudo (124.5 to 141 = 12.8%) def. Demetrious Johnson (125 to 142 = 13.6%)
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...ut-six-fighters-come-in-over-csac-regulations

Cutting from within 3 pounds of FW, to fight also ran 135ers, while claiming to be the all-time P4P best is embarrassing. Depending on who drank more BODYARMOUR between rounds MM may have outweighed Cody in the cage...

It'll be interesting to see if they book the rematch or if they feed Cejudo to Dillasnake. Despite being within a few pounds, I maintain that any of Tj/Cody/Cruz run roughshod over the 125s.

he was an exciting fighter who put on a flashy show against small unskilled fighters. Very athletic and able to take advantage of it. His fights with dodson who i considered flashy but very mediocre were always close.

As far as all time great. LOL He was shooting fish in a barrel like Honda was.

Of course you'd be flicking peas across the room judging by your MMA opinions.
tenor.gif

I don't think a lot of fans understand how much more athletic and complete smaller fighters are. Once you get above LW, guys get less versatile and less dynamic. Last night we saw MM tangling with a Olympic gold medalist and neutralizing him on the mat. He can finish top notch competition in every facet of the game. Meanwhile, HW is filled with slow-as-molasses 40 year olds and K1 nobodies.

When watching 155 and below, the top 5 in each division are amazing.

It kinda shows when a promotion wants to hype somebody... that it works.

Contrary to what shermidgets try to claim that the UFC didn't hype him enough.

Solid fighter but not very memorable except for that submission!

BJ has a worse record on paper but will forever be remembered as a warrior that never sucked and fought bigger opponents!

MM must be the GOAT according to all the people who only talk about title defenses, as if they mean more than the actual competition faced.

Nah he will be remembered as long as Joe Rogan is alive. Highest title streak ever. That's legacy. And MM has the respect of his fellow fighters so bitter haters and casuals like you don't mean much. MM unlike most Sherdorks is very secure in himself and has made a great life for himself despite being such a small man. I bet most Sherdorks if they were 5'3" would he suicidal and would make nothing of themselves.

Honestly, did you follow MMA before the flyweight division was introduced to the UFC in 2012? Do you remember the event where the only champion that the FLW division has ever seen (until Cujo obviously) was crowned?

I will forever remember him as the little guy that was awarded the UFC flyweight belt not by winning! Yes, D.J. 100% NEVER earned that initial strap. The fighters did their jobs, the referee theirs, and (albeit not great) the Judges did theirs. A M.F'ing elementary school match error by the F-tard that adds the scores for the ring announcer to read is what crowned the greatest Mighty Mouse.

I am sorry, yet 100% honest. I did not recognize the UFC FLW division until this weekend! Henry is the first man to ever "really" win the UFC FLW title, and I now will recognize it as a "real" UFC WC!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back