Inter-racial Sherbros - or Parents of inter-racial kids: Question...

I'm indian married to a blond haired blue eyed white american. We are expecting our first kid in February. We will identify them as indian. Saying american indian just makes things way too confusing, and chances are, they aren't going to look like a white person, so we're gonna stick with my heritage on this one.

You are kidding right? Sometimes it is hard to suss sarcasm online.

He's right, you know.

Of those 4 lineages, only the English are white, also maybe the Germans (jury's still out on that one).

But since we have established that the irish aren't white, and since the French are much browner than the Irish, therefore he's brown.

That's how anthropology works on Sherdog.

All that means is they've been to India. Many overseas born Indians (they're called NRIs, non-resident Indians) aren't exactly big on the motherland.
I've seen this vary quite a bit. Its typically first generation NRI's who are new to money and weren't well off in the motherland that hold this view.

Indians that had a good life in India or come from middle to upper class families in India have a pretty good view on India, though we identify the issues it has. We certainly don't bash it.

I'm indian married to a blond haired blue eyed white american. We are expecting our first kid in February. We will identify them as indian. Saying american indian just makes things way too confusing, and chances are, they aren't going to look like a white person, so we're gonna stick with my heritage on this one.

Dot or feather?

My youngest daughter (who is as white as I am) was born in South Africa. My wife is half hispanic/half white and born in Texas. We moved back to the states after being away for 7 years and when my daughter was roughly 4 years old.

She overheard conversation about a similar subject once and proudly declared she was African-American.

I am white but my paternal line goes back to southern France, which the Arabs invaded.

Also, being French Canadian I have ancestry from Bretagne which is celtic.

These 2 factors together result in the irrefutable fact that I am not white but of darkish ancestry.

So count me in the club of white North Americans that are not white.

Am I doing this right ?
Is that why Asian girls don't like you?

My youngest daughter (who is as white as I am) was born in South Africa. My wife is half hispanic/half white and born in Texas. We moved back to the states after being away for 7 years and when my daughter was roughly 4 years old.

She overheard conversation about a similar subject once and proudly declared she was African-American.
She is African American though.

Technically, she is African American Danish, since I am from Denmark.

I am white but my paternal line goes back to southern France, which the Arabs invaded.

Also, being French Canadian I have ancestry from Bretagne which is celtic.

These 2 factors together result in the irrefutable fact that I am not white but of darkish ancestry.

So count me in the club of white North Americans that are not white.

Am I doing this right ?
Back in highscool there were a couple of white folks who tried their best to distance from it. They always said "I'm not white, I'm European" course their ass never set foot in Europe at the time. One guy even said he wasn't white, and Caucasian. I asked WTF the difference was (his logic), and he said white = trailer trash american. Caucasian = classy euros

lol, okay there bud

I'm like German/Welsh/English/Canadian and I identify with whatever's convenient at the time. Someone brings up Jews then I'm probably gonna be British, for example

Back in highscool there were a couple of white folks who tried their best to distance from it. They always said "I'm not white, I'm European" course their ass never set foot in Europe at the time. One guy even said he wasn't white, and Caucasian. I asked WTF the difference was (his logic), and he said white = trailer trash american. Caucasian = classy euros

lol, okay there bud

Honestly not better than the Americans who think that the Irish aren't white.

Not sure exactly what happened in american popular culture for everyone to try not to be white.

I would pick the one that gave me affirmative action benefits.

I'm pure Greek. My mother is from Corinth (hence the name) and father is from Crete. I realize Im not mixed but if you spoke to my father you would think I was considering how much he believes Crete is its own country. So this is how it goes, I'm Greek to every one but I'm definetley Cretan to Greeks.....cause Cretans are gangsters

Back