Inter-racial Sherbros - or Parents of inter-racial kids: Question...

In the US my wife is Latina, Hispanic, etc. In Argentina she is just white. We have to label people in the US so we know where everyone stands. It's a pity really.

Last edited:
All my mixed cousins and nieces/nephews identify as black because do you even 1 drop rule bro?

They might be able to get away with "biracial" or whatever up here in Canada, but it doesn't seem like you'd do anything but alienate the majority of your fam that way.

I'm black, white, and I have traces of Native American.

I look like I could be Indian or Arabic, and I'm neither. I'm actually more white than anything and most of my family is white.

I identify as other. Cuz who rely gives a shit anyway.

My mom was born and raised in Japan. My dad is the son of Eastern European immigrants.

I identify myself as Japanese on all gov't forms.. otherwise, I'm stuck in a gray area.
But yeah do you even Japanese, bro?

The blender is spinning. Sooner or later we"re all going to be one shade of brown.

Interesting post. I have nothing to add on a personal level considering I'm solely of Italian descent.

depends on my location. i'm white and filipino, look latino, and consider myself as an "other"
when i lived in hawaii, i was normal. since most people in hawaii are hybrids of some sort, most people dont ask what are you, unless you are polynesian. everyone was treated the same, as long as you treat them with respect, they respect you back. theres only really 3 classes of people there, poor, middle class, and rich. you knew who the rich folk were and they stayed away from the common folk.

living in the mainland though, people treat you different. not only are there racial differences but also socio/economic differences. i'm not white enough to be white and not filipino enough to be filipino. white folk in my area treat me different because i dont look the part. i mean, i make pretty decent money but just because i look different and dont dress like them or drive a fancy car like them, i am different and dont fit in. i went to my son's classmastes bday party and you can see all of the clicks; its like everyone gathered into their own racial and socio/economic classes.

since moving to the mainland, for the most part, filipinos ignore me until they find out i'm half, then i'm part of the family again. i get more love from mexicans around me than my own kind since they think i'm just a white washed latino that cant speak the language

*hearty racist laughter*
d568188fe91b80860828cae49f635200a068a58da66bc03a4e4abb9762127b3d_1.gif

As a Mexican dude currently dating a white woman (last two I dated were white too) this thread intrigues me

In Australia more often than not they identify with "white Australian culture", not their one non white parents culture.
My cousins are half Aussie half French, but living in Paris their whole lives has made them definitely Parisian.

I've seen half Chinese guys claiming to hate Asians, half Indians girls saying they hate india, etc.

Hard to tell what you mean by "identify with"

I have north-asian and finnish blood but I'm no member of any org like "finnish lives matter" or something

Hard to tell what you mean by "identify with"

I have north-asian and finnish blood but I'm no member of any org like "finnish lives matter" or something
What he means are you a stupid drunk who passes out in the sauna 4x a week or are you a quiet kung fu master who's good at math?

What he means are you a stupid drunk who passes out in the sauna 4x a week or are you a quiet kung fu master who's good at math?
Neither I guess. I enjoy sauna to some extent and I wasn't that bad in math. No kung fu and shit

Back