Intense rescue in Baton Rouge floods

That's an interesting theory. I've noticed that a lot of "pet people", for whatever reason, are anti-social. They will find a reason to complain about what humans are doing. We all need interaction and since they people are kinda awkward with social interaction, the next best thing is a dog.

I also theorize that the complexity of human interaction is a factor. Humans are very nuanced while dogs and cats are pretty simple. You actually have to put towards an effort in human-to-human relationships while you just have to feed and pay attention to a dog.

The way you think and act has consequences in human-to-human interaction. If you're weird, awkward or obnoxious, people tend to stray from you. You can be a serial killer or pedophile and the dog won't know any better and still run up to you excitedly because you feed and play with it. That's something to think about.

Of course, I'm not saying all pet owners/lovers are this way but I do think there is an interesting correlation.

Spot on.

All the normal, well-adjusted people I know that like animals and have pets treat them in a "normal" way.

The animal fanatics are almost always weirdos or socially awkward. And you're right, you always hear of them saying shit like "your dog doesn't judge you!" or "humans suck! animals are so much better!" types.

Back