Intense rescue in Baton Rouge floods

shit like this restores my faith in humanity.

there were huge floods in australia a few years ago, and these two brothers the eldest only like 13 asked the rescuers to take his 10 year old brother first before him. shortly after that he was swept away in a torrent.

"All these people were just standing around until an old scrawny guy grabbed a bit of rope, wrapped it around himself and jumped in," said Tyson.

"Jordan can't swim and is terrified of water. But when the man went to rescue him, he said, 'Save my brother first'."

Although the rescuer managed to save 10-year-old Blake, the rope broke when he tried to tie it around Rice and Jordan, and mother and son were swept downstream.

After holding on to a tree for a little while, the pair were carried off by the floodwaters.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/jan/12/australia-floods-teenage-rescuer-brother

This is like the best and worst of society all in one. We've got a hero risking his life to save somebody, then we have an ungrateful, lazy (or incompetent - maybe both) drunk trying to selfishly bark orders.

That would be my luck if I ever saved someone. You end up saving someone that probably would have been better off dieing anyway.

"All these people were just standing around until an old scrawny guy grabbed a bit of rope, wrapped it around himself and jumped in," said Tyson.

"Jordan can't swim and is terrified of water. But when the man went to rescue him, he said, 'Save my brother first'."

Although the rescuer managed to save 10-year-old Blake, the rope broke when he tried to tie it around Rice and Jordan, and mother and son were swept downstream.

After holding on to a tree for a little while, the pair were carried off by the floodwaters.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/jan/12/australia-floods-teenage-rescuer-brother
thats the stuff.

what a fucking hero that kid is saying no take my brother before me.

the kid recieved a posthumous bravery medal.

How come we could hear her when she was in the car under water?

shit like this restores my faith in humanity.

there were huge floods in australia a few years ago, and these two brothers the eldest only like 13 asked the rescuers to take his 10 year old brother first before him. shortly after that he was swept away in a torrent.

Fuck. RIP selfless bro.

Dog rescue shit always gets me tearing up and shit

I like 2:31 in the third vid where the dude scares a dog out of some water just by flexing. Has to be a sherdogger

That Asian guy was amazing. Just so you know. @Zer

Lol, these are the "Pet parents" "My pets are my children" type people in a real life situation (meaning 90% of sherdog). It almost seems a waste that people would risk themselves to save these types of people.

I used to really like dogs but these fucking people are making that go way down.

My theory is that it's increased loneliness. These days, people are so isolated and alone that they start forming the kind of bond that they SHOULD have with humans with their pets.

Wow lots of hate for the woman. She was probably in shock. Also she could have sad it nicer she was thinking about her dog, I would do the same thing.

I used to really like dogs but these fucking people are making that go way down.

My theory is that it's increased loneliness. These days, people are so isolated and alone that they start forming the kind of bond that they SHOULD have with humans with their pets.
That's an interesting theory. I've noticed that a lot of "pet people", for whatever reason, are anti-social. They will find a reason to complain about what humans are doing. We all need interaction and since they people are kinda awkward with social interaction, the next best thing is a dog.

I also theorize that the complexity of human interaction is a factor. Humans are very nuanced while dogs and cats are pretty simple. You actually have to put towards an effort in human-to-human relationships while you just have to feed and pay attention to a dog.

The way you think and act has consequences in human-to-human interaction. If you're weird, awkward or obnoxious, people tend to stray from you. You can be a serial killer or pedophile and the dog won't know any better and still run up to you excitedly because you feed and play with it. That's something to think about.

Of course, I'm not saying all pet owners/lovers are this way but I do think there is an interesting correlation.

she seemed like a bitch, but I guess people can act weird in such situations. Massive ups to the guy who ripped the top of her car off and pulled her and her dog out

Wow lots of hate for the woman. She was probably in shock. Also she could have sad it nicer she was thinking about her dog, I would do the same thing.

Yeah i'm totally taking it out of context. I've never almost died a horrible underwater death. But still, it just rubbed me the wrong way. Plus if I ever saved a dude from drowning and the first thing he told me was to get his dog, I'd be like motherfucker, better get your own fucking dog.

deal-with-it.jpg

Last edited:
Couldn't believe they saved the dog too. I thought it was a goner for sure.

Fuck you.

tumblr_mg9yc0rTvh1qjccmko1_500.gif

That was cool. Kinda annoying that she was ordering him to get her dog over and over when he pulled her up. At least say "thanks" before you start ordering me around.
She was in a stressful situation and time was of the essence. She was helpless to get the dog herself, and was crying out for dude to help. It's understandable.

That guy is a stud.

She was in a stressful situation and time was of the essence. She was helpless to get the dog herself, and was crying out for dude to help. It's understandable.

That guy is a stud.
It's understandable when she was saying "get my dog! get my dog!"

But when she said "get my dog NOW!" I'd instantly be thinking "bitch, who are you talking to?"

It's understandable when she was saying "get my dog! get my dog!"

But when she said "get my dog NOW!" I'd instantly be thinking "bitch, who are you talking to?"
lol, I understand your position. I understand hers as well. haha

Map comparison of flooding today and during Hurricane Katrina. Please send prayers and good vibes.

graphic-500-flooding-1jpg-65e2f26d2ad1c621.jpg

graphic-katrina-flooding-1jpg-b37680dbc82e6ffb.jpg

Back