Integrity of the sport ... Does it matter to you?

Trying to use SEG-UFC fixed fights as a black mark against Zuffa-UFC is so stupid. That was under previous management, and has absolutely nothing to do with how Zuffa runs the UFC.

But I've posted this like seven times:
How does fighters colluding to fix a fight reflect badly on the UFC as a whole?

Faith Hill says it matters to her. She doesn't know what to say, doesn't know what to do, doesn't know if it really matters to you, but it matters to her.

Are you honestly some kind of idiot?

How is you "fixing" my quote of there being "fixed fights" in PRIDE to "a handful of fixed fights", making any kind of argument? It's the same point, with a few words tacked on at the beginning.

There is no "accusation", the proof is there, I provided it, you can't find anything to the contrary that says they didn't.

Why are you getting caught in this weirdo's vortex of trollery? This loser lives for shit like this.

As for the topic, I have to agree with others that there is very little integrity in prizefighting to begin with. I wanna see that theres no worked fights, and I wanna see competitive match ups. I dont like shit like Chael getting a title shot at Bones, or Diaz leap frogging Hendricks for a shot against GSP, but its business. And shit like that has always gone on in the fight business. Im more concerned for the integrity of this forum, when you have an account thats only existence is to troll allowed to stay on here and create threads. A previously banned poster at that. I cant believe the mods havent banned the TS yet for blatant trolling is what Im trying to say

Then we'd have less people doing several fake accounts to spread their stupid opinions and this board would have a saner view on reality and realize MMA is in a pretty good place and no single thing will just make it fall apart and crumble.

I know what you were trying to say, I just get annoyed sometimes when I see someones only response to a thread will be "stupid whitebelt"...not saying you did that, ive just been seeing it a lot recently. Sometimes even when the "whitebelt" makes good points or a good thread

My interest in professional sports has declined over time, due to the lack of "Integrity of the sport," as you would say. Any boxing fan certainly knows what I mean: an amazing sport (regarding the technical aspects) that also is a disaster (on the business side).

MMA is interesting because of the effort of the fighters, not because of any particular brand, and I do expect interest to decline over time.

i agree with this, what's most disheartening, is how involved the fans can be (as evidenced by this forum), but about all sorts of nonsense, and yet the biggest issures are brushed aside like the fact that promotions can pick and choose who gets to fight one another as opposed to setting up a proper ladder and standing system.

i agree with this, what's most disheartening, is how involved the fans can be (as evidenced by this forum), but about all sorts of nonsense, and yet the biggest issures are brushed aside like the fact that promotions can pick and choose who gets to fight one another as opposed to setting up a proper ladder and standing system.

That doesn't really happen anywhere in combat sports though. It stifles and puts a ton of roadblocks into matchmaking. Imagine how less active guys would be.

Whatever slim slice of credibility you had is gone now.

You obviously do not care about the integrity of MMA as a whole. PRIDE, Yakusa-ran, numerous fixed fights, judges giving shady decisions, backstage mumbo jumbo in which certain fighters are "encouraged" to lose a certain way or fight a certain way, etc..

You are basically saying you hate the UFC. that's cool, just dont be stupid about it and spout off about the integrity of the UFC while propping up PRIDE.

LOL dummy.
You (UFC fanboys) brought up pride , I was just answering. And I don't log onto sherdog looking for credibility amongst zuffa zombies , sorry.

Why are you getting caught in this weirdo's vortex of trollery? This loser lives for shit like this.

As for the topic, I have to agree with others that there is very little integrity in prizefighting to begin with. I wanna see that theres no worked fights, and I wanna see competitive match ups. I dont like shit like Chael getting a title shot at Bones, or Diaz leap frogging Hendricks for a shot against GSP, but its business. And shit like that has always gone on in the fight business. Im more concerned for the integrity of this forum, when you have an account thats only existence is to troll allowed to stay on here and create threads. A previously banned poster at that. I cant believe the mods havent banned the TS yet for blatant trolling is what Im trying to say

Lol @ your more concerned about the integrity of this forum. The forum is more important than the sport of mma ? Just shows what type of whack ass fan you are . Typical dick that spews insults and hate without provocation.
How much do you get paid for posting here ?

"Integrity of the sport" is a meaningless expression.

Do you mean guys cheating with steroids? or something about rankings and title shots?

I think the sport has as much integrity as any other.

No Time Limits.
No Judges.
Original UFC rules.

I'd be down with that and be willing to fork out the money, even to watch 6 hour PPVs.

Does the integrity of mma as a sport matter to you?

If not
Why waste your time watching mma , just watch pro wrestling.

If so
Are you a fan of a brand or a fan of the sport ?

Can you be a fan of both without conflict of interest ?

Also if you put the brand above sport , does that make you a fanboy , ignorant consumer just like fanboys from the console wars?

What would you do to improve mma as a sport ?

You destroyed your OP with the bolded part.

Yes, this hurt. Who fucking knows? The judging has been on a steady decline for awhile. Its sad, they're too busy counting trees to see the forest. Too bad, incredible performance by Hendricks.

People have talked a lot of shit on the internet.

But what it comes down to, is this.

UFC thinks its brand is bigger than the sport.

Too be honest UFC brand is bigger than the sport? Why do you think people that don't know anything ask if you train UFC? MMA is known by clueless people as UFC even people that don't watch football don't ask if you train NFL and that goes to show how big the UFC brand is. And lets be real mma didn't make the UFC they made mma

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back