insulin sensitivity

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
I read on this forum about insulin sensitivity when your dieting hard and you start to eat carbs it spikes your insulin causing you to not lose weight apparently im very insulin sensitive just eating something small as a half bagel with peanut butter will cause me to gain a pound in a half and bloat me when i started fighting and really cutting weight i would do diets with hardly any carbs hoping to cut weight and they worked well at firs but when i would come off them and eat my carbs i blow up like a balloon i never use to be this way till about a year ago its a noob question and i have tried to re search it but is there a way to become less carb sensitive? Its really hard for me to put in hard work without at least 80G a day of carbs but i always seem to gain and blow up

Maybe try something that helps to regulate blood sugar like cinnamon, stevia or an herb called moringa, which I know works because we give it to my diabetic grandmother and it evened her blood sugar right out without use of drugs.

A couple of points:

1) You REALLY need to work on your grammar. I mean your sentence is like 3 run-on sentences combined.

2) You don't understand insulin sensitivity, even basically. I don't personally understand it enough to explain it, so I'll leave it to others. But some google searching is probably a good start to get a baseline understanding of it.

A couple of points:

1) You REALLY need to work on your grammar. I mean your sentence is like 3 run-on sentences combined.

2) You don't understand insulin sensitivity, even basically. I don't personally understand it enough to explain it, so I'll leave it to others. But some google searching is probably a good start to get a baseline understanding of it.

I have done a good bit of research so far like I said im a noob, but from what I have gathered im pretty sensitive to most carbs. Everytime I eat carbs now i blow the fuck up even with things like sweet potatoes rice pasta. Was just curious if there is something I could do to stop me from bloating so much when I add back in more carbs. I cannot train hard on low carb diets.

Bloating is usually a sign of insulin resistance i.e. low insulin sensitivity.

One thing to look into os the glycemic index which is a measure of how foods affect your blood sugar. Lower GI foods have less of an effect on your blood sugar and thus your insulin levels. For example, most vegetables are lower GI while breads and pastas tend to be higher GI.

You should also look into supplementing with fish oil as omega 3's have been shown to have beneficial effects on insulin sensitivity.

These are just some ideas to get you started. If you truly think you have insulin issues you should see a doctor. Personally my knowledge comes from having an overweight family member who is insulin resistant not from someone that has issues due to dieting and training hard.

I have done a good bit of research so far like I said im a noob, but from what I have gathered im pretty sensitive to most carbs. Everytime I eat carbs now i blow the fuck up even with things like sweet potatoes rice pasta. Was just curious if there is something I could do to stop me from bloating so much when I add back in more carbs. I cannot train hard on low carb diets.

You're 100% opposite on your understanding of insulin sensitivity. Insulin sensitivity is a good thing; it means your body releases the right amount of insulin at the right times.

What you are describing I'm not sure has anything to do with insulin at all.

Try intermittent fasting instead of low carb dieting. It helped me a lot.

You're 100% opposite on your understanding of insulin sensitivity. Insulin sensitivity is a good thing; it means your body releases the right amount of insulin at the right times.

What you are describing I'm not sure has anything to do with insulin at all.

Try intermittent fasting instead of low carb dieting. It helped me a lot.

I have been doing IF for the past 3 weeks. I usually fast for 24 hours, then have 1 meal a day usually around 1200 calories 50g of carbs. Last night I ate a medium sized whole boiled chicken with a medium sized sweet potato, hand full of spinach and a bagel with a table spoon of peanut butter, and today my stomach is blown up. IF has helped me with some weight loss and stops my craving for food, but it still seems to not help me with carb bloating.

It's possible that you have developed a gluten allergy. Do you get the same bloating from potatoes that you do from pasta or a bagel?

Bloating is usually a sign of insulin resistance

Actually, bloating is more often a case of too many carbs eaten at once, not how well you process them. I have excellent insulin sensitivity, but I still get bloated when I eat tons of pasta.

I read on this forum about insulin sensitivity when your dieting hard and you start to eat carbs it spikes your insulin causing you to not lose weight apparently im very insulin sensitive just eating something small as a half bagel with peanut butter will cause me to gain a pound in a half and bloat me when i started fighting and really cutting weight i would do diets with hardly any carbs hoping to cut weight and they worked well at firs but when i would come off them and eat my carbs i blow up like a balloon i never use to be this way till about a year ago its a noob question and i have tried to re search it but is there a way to become less carb sensitive? Its really hard for me to put in hard work without at least 80G a day of carbs but i always seem to gain and blow up

Try intermittent fasting, or go low carb for a longer period. You will probably feel a "detoxication" period for a month or two. After that your will probably feel better during training.

Actually, bloating is more often a case of too many carbs eaten at once, not how well you process them. I have excellent insulin sensitivity, but I still get bloated when I eat tons of pasta.

Definitely, it's more likely to be a case of too many carbs and/or a poor selection of carbs. If it is an insulin issue I'm just saying it's a case of being insulin resistant not being too sensitive. If he is insulin resistant he'll probably have other issues so if a bit of bloating is the only symptom it's probably not insulin resistance.

Good god we have a bunch a tards on these forums. It really isnt that complicated you are on a ketogenic diet and are glycogen depleted, then you eat carbs and they bind with water and refill you glycogen stores. That 1.5 lbs is just water and stored carbohydrate, not actuall fat gain.

And for the record, someone who trains hard, eats a low carb 1200 calorie a day diet does not need to worry about insulin resistance.

Definitely, it's more likely to be a case ogerlyf many carbs and/or a poor selection of carbs. If it is an insulin issue I'm just saying it's a case of being insulin resistant not being too sensitive. If he is insulin resistant he'll probably have other issues so if a bit of bloating is the only symptom it's probably.ot insulin resistance.

Definitely. I've heard from people like Lyle McDonald and Borg Fa gerly that one of the more telltale signs of IR involves energy levels. People with IR tend to get energy rushes followed by crashes from even a small amount of carbs. When combined with lots of bloating, as you said, I think it's a pretty safe bet that said person would have insulin issues.

Definitely, it's more likely to be a case of too many carbs and/or a poor selection of carbs. If it is an insulin issue I'm just saying it's a case of being insulin resistant not being too sensitive. If he is insulin resistant he'll probably have other issues so if a bit of bloating is the only symptom it's probably not insulin resistance.

I doubt its me eating to many, like I said ive been doing IF with a 24 hour fast period and eating 1 meal a day usually half a chicken, 2 cups brocolli, or spinach, and a medium sized sweet potato with 2 table spoons coconut oil. That's around 50 carbs a day im in taking guess its the fact ive been eating low carbs so my body is use to it and eating anymore my body is gonna hold into it. Im doing a 3 days fast now and gonna go a full week without carbs, and see if i can drop a few more pounds.

On another note concerning sodium levels and water weight im competing this weekend, and I wana get to around 185 by thursday. Im around 191 now I was 189 wednesday and im sure the 191 is just water. I have been drinking a gallon of water a day now, yesterday I got it up to 2 gallons and started drinking alot of broth to help me to keep hydrated didnt wana lose sodium since im keeping my water levels high. But I have been drinking 2 gallons of water a day, and drinking around 5 cups of chicken broth so im sure the reason im up to 191 now is due to the increased sodium and water intake when i cut out my sodium wednesday and cut my water down how much water weight do you think ill lose due to sodium dropping and water.

I wouldn't use "energy levels" as a means of diagnosing any physiological condition. People report energy surges and crashes with almost no relevance towards glucose levels. You can be high, low, or in the middle and people will self-report all kinds of different things regarding alertness, energy, concentration, etc.

Insulin sensitivity likely has nothing to do with OP's problem. He's on a low calorie diet (1200kcal a day), and is fasting for 24 hours at a time (let's face it, this is a problem in and of itself likely). The insoluble fibre present in most carbohydrates + rapid gastric distension from the fast/feed cycle is likely the cause of the bloating feeling.

A person can't just switch from eating low carbs to eating high carbs and not expect a negative outcome. High fat diets negatively impact insulin sensitivity, insulin secretion, and additionally, switching from a low fibre diet to a high fibre diet has to be done gradually - reason being, it's likely your body needs time to rebuild the gut biota and enzymes that process indigestible fibre - its not something it can adapt to overnight.

Also, something as simple as drinking water can really help reduce bloating from fibre, just to help it clear your system faster.

eat less sugars, fruits, juice is a no no :( also to control your insulin spikes eat more saturated fats, coconut, palm oils and animal fats are great source of these fats and to achieve maximum results stop eating gluten

cliffs:
less sugars
more fats
gluten free diet

eat less sugars, fruits, juice is a no no :( also to control your insulin spikes eat more saturated fats, coconut, palm oils and animal fats are great source of these fats and to achieve maximum results stop eating gluten

cliffs:
less sugars
more fats
gluten free diet

i havnt had fruit in 2 weeks and i have coconut oil daily all i drink now is water and broth right now leading up til wednesday.
I don't think i have a problem with gluten since my primary food sources are spinach brocolli eggs chicken turkey sweet potatoes and coconut oil.

i seem to remember a few of your posts
you try to cut weight frequently , right?
youre on 1200 calories a day and not losing weight?
if this is a recurring theme, you might have some metabolic damage/ ,esp if youve cut weight lots .
for example, i can easily lose weight on 2300 calories a day, and im 190lbs. and i probably dont train half as much as you (im not a fighter)

im mainly familiar with bodybuilding, but this is soo common for some of those people, and they honestly consume much more calories than you, and expend far less.

probably not what you wanted to hear, but im just thinking out loud

Back