Instructionals for Submission Defense

vanity

White Belt
Reaction score
Are there any good instructionals for submission defense other than "1001 Submissions?"

thanks, forgot to add im looking for nogi dvd's..

Most of the escapes in Machado's DVD are no gi-applicable, or easily modifiable. You're doing yourself a disservice if you ignore gi instructionals anyway - most I've seen have very little material that is only applicable in the gi.

Alright, I'll take you up on that and check his DVD out

Most of the escapes in Machado's DVD are no gi-applicable, or easily modifiable. You're doing yourself a disservice if you ignore gi instructionals anyway - most I've seen have very little material that is only applicable in the gi.

+ 1 to this ^ I've done a lot more no gi than gi, and I find against the blues I survive pretty well in no gi (eg I may get tapped once or even not at all in a roll), but in Gi I get tapped all over the shop with collar / lapel based chokes. I just don't see / feel them coming, and even wheN i do I can't seem to do much about them. Someone who is good at gi choking is a dangerous thing.

The Gustavo Machado dvd is great. Shows practical defenses for all the major submissions.

Back