Instructional on the Baseball Choke

My only issue with this is the finish. Sometimes I have a hard time finishing it if they turn toward me. (ex. I've got my right knee on belly, they turn into me to their right as I'm coming around). I don't know where to put my weight (maybe the far side shoulder?) to prevent them from negating the angle.

One of the things that will help you out is the lifting motion with the hand behind the collar. If you lift their head off the floor it becomes very difficult for them to turn into you. Also, before you drop down to apply the choke make sure to drive that elbow into their chest. This does a couple of things but most importantly it makes sure there is zero space between your forearm and their chest, and continues to make it difficult for them to turn to their stomach.

I did this choke last night, I think I'm in love. I have some wrestling experience and going for side control with an arm under his head is instinct, but I don't have a lot of subs from there. I realized in that position I was halfway there, and the rest was very easy. It was the first time I feel like I didn't have to struggle and muscle for a tap.

I love that detail of lifting their head off the floor. I've had this set up so many times, only to abandon when I didn't feel like fighting for that second grip.

I'm glad that you guys are having so much success with this submission. For a long time this was one of my favorite techniques.

Back