Instructional DVD's

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Bunkai, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Bunkai

Bunkai White Belt

Anybody know of any companies that shoot and produce martial arts instructional dvd? cant find anything on google or any company websites that offer prices or info etc.

2. vcmmafan

vcmmafan Black Belt

World Martial Arts

Budo Videos

3. Bunkai

Bunkai White Belt

Right, but could you like me to somewhere where they discuss actual production, prices, contact info, services etc?

4. kpoz12

kpoz12 The No Life King Platinum Member

5. Bunkai

Bunkai White Belt

6. JCASHDAKID

JCASHDAKID Green Belt

Digitsu?

7. subbass

subbass White Belt

Um probably start by emailing the companies mentioned in their contact section...

8. Bunkai

Bunkai White Belt

I'm specifically trying to find companies with websites that details and price their services.

9. subbass

subbass White Belt

ok.. . theres a hundred different variables that affect their pricing probably, if you are serious I would contact them and ask. Whats the problem with that.

10. lechien

lechien Gold Belt

Digitsu did a breakdown of cost and sales.

It was not that great because you had a window of couple of days before it goes on torrent.

11. Patrick F Carey

Patrick F Carey Green Belt

You don't think thats a bit too specific?

12. Bunkai

Bunkai White Belt

I think it's the least a customer could ask for dude..

13. Highway0311

Highway0311 White Belt

Production companies almost never put a price breakdown online. Prices can change very quickly in that industry not to mention travel, how much equipment they will need, how many hours will they need to put into it. The best thing you can do is send them an email with what it is you want to do and then talk about price.

14. nodferatu

nodferatu Drilling in the south

15. Drew Foster

Drew Foster Silver Belt

Honestly, Groundfighter.com (World Martial Arts) and Digistsu are basically the only companies I know of that still do. You'll see a few grapplers release DVDs independently, but even some of them are moving to online training sites, which is where things are going.

Budovideos was a huge one, but they started making their packaging/cases less artistic over the past few years, and it looks like they're taking some of their more popular DVDs and re-realsing them as apps/downloads.

Even with Groundfighter, it seems they release 1 or 2 Ryan Hall DVDs every Thanksgiving. Besides that, I think they release some strength and conditioning DVDs, but besides Ryan Hall, they don't usually have a consistent grappler releasing dvds that I'm aware of. I'm not sure what their last non Ryan Hall set about BJJ was.

Digistsu seems to be releasing DVD pretty frequently. They have some awesome Lucas Lepri passing sets, some sets from Gianni Grippo, Bernado Faria, and I've heard there may be an Eddie Cummings one?

16. Uchi Mata

Uchi Mata Preaching the gospel of heel hooks and left kicks

That's not going to happen, because it's not a commodity service, it's a relatively specialized service where the terms and conditions are going to be negotiated for each individual project. The way to start this discussion is to find a publishers whose quality of work you think is good, email them with a rough outline of what you'd like to do, and set up a phone conversation to discuss it. You will need to discuss the project a bit before price even comes up. If you bring up price right away, they won't be able to help you much.

17. Drew Foster

Drew Foster Silver Belt

Exactly. I work in web design and we do some similar services as well.

Bunkai, basically anything that you're going to want to do is going to be fairly specific and custom. Usually the best thing to do is get a list of some good companies, call them, and talk about what you want to do. If you're concerned about talking about your idea if it;s something unique or something that you wouldn't want to get out there, most companies will happily sign a nondisclosure agreement for you if that's an issue for you.

There's just so much that varies that it's very difficult to list pricing for that type of service. I'm sure someone will happily give you a ballpark answer if you give a really brief overview, but specific prices will probably need some more specific details.

18. Bunkai

Bunkai White Belt

Thanks all, great advice!

19. Digitsu

Digitsu Blue Belt

Bunkai, hit me up. check your PM