Instep kick Vol 3 - completion.

This one is mechanically sound. Buya!

I want to thank the sherdog community for shitting on me. My first instep kick was wrong. It had the leg action of a side kick and foot of roundhouse kick. But I didn't realise it!!

Keep your eyes on the target. At the end of the video you are looking away from the camera in muay thai they remind you to "look over your shoulder" for that reason. (Not trying to troll seriously trying to improve your game)

A little better, but you are still pulling your knee across. This is incorrect- Pro-tip: stand close to a wall and put your shoulder square onto it, then try to kick the wall. You would ram your knee into the wall if you would try to kick like this, which should show you that you are doing something wrong. The knee should point to your target or slightly in front of your target while chambering, not past the target.

Yes, it is too far across. You aim to kick towards the camera, so your knee should point towards the camera at this point. From this point all you should do is to straighten the leg and complete the kick, but you can´t, because your aim would be off and you need to pull your thigh back to hit the target. This contradicts the entire purpose of the roundhouse (turning) kick.

Try the wall thing.

Last edited:
Fair play to spacetime for actually looking for feedback to get better.

Fair play to spacetime for actually looking for feedback to get better.

I want to thank the sherdog community for shitting on me. My first instep kick was wrong. It had the leg action of a side kick and foot of roundhouse kick. But I didn't realise it!!

Frode, he just wants Sherbro's to poop on him, he's not actually interested in striking.......he just likes poop.......

It is still the sidekick mechanics, not a roundhouse.
upload_2018-5-10_13-35-15.png

looks like a sidekick with your toes pointed out.

aside from your lack of understanding the basic mechanics, you seem to lack flexibility to pull of kicks.

You can't "head kick" when your knee isn't even on midlevel.

looks like a sidekick with your toes pointed out.

aside from your lack of understanding the basic mechanics, you seem to lack flexibility to pull of kicks.

You can't "head kick" when your knee isn't even on midlevel.

That's why I said I'm really born to box, not kick at all. I have tried for 4 years to get that knee higher up lol

I think your flexibility is holding you back and you are trying to kick too high. Why don't you take a video of a body kick?

Back